Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: break in with the 340se's

Default break in with the 340se's

Hey guys whats the break in like on these? Just moderate volume for so many hours? Or is there a type of music that helps break them in better thanks....

Default Re: break in with the 340se's

Just play your music and enjoy.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Just play your music and enjoy.
    good deal thank you sir thats all i needed sorry for all the newb annoying posts lately. Never owned home audio speakers that were worth anything so i def. dont wanna hurt these puppies lol. Thanks for being understanding cant wait to get my new toys .

I did nothing to break in my 340's, just plugged them in and enjoyed them. My 34 year old son did play some hip hop (which I liked) to test them and the sub. If that didn't loosen them up, nothing will!

I'd be interested in other's experiences. It seems that they are improving over time. The area showing the biggest improvement is mid bass. They sound fuller. The question is whether this can be attributed to true mechanical break in or a change in perception (getting used to their sound) by me.

Have other's thought their 340's changed after the first few hours of play?

Doug

got them hooked up and am listening to them right now some acoustic songs man these things sound fantastic. More mid bass and sound from these little guys compared to my full range dcm old speakers lol. thanks again dave .

I didn't really follow any break-in routine either. I just began to used them the same way I used my previous speakers.

Regarding the sound, they seem to sound much fuller than they did the first time I played them. I'm extremely pleased with the sound.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you can find the Bele Fleck and the Flecktones concert DVD "Live at the Quick", BUY IT!!! The 340se L/C/R with a decent subwoofer and you are AT THE SHOW.

However, I did order a L/C/R Sierra-1 package. If the 340se is this good, the Sierra-1 has to be incredible. I can hardly wait for them to arrive.

We'll see..., I'm only going to keep one set of speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lawrence View Post
    I didn't really follow any break-in routine either. I just began to used them the same way I used my previous speakers.

Regarding the sound, they seem to sound much fuller than they did the first time I played them. I'm extremely pleased with the sound.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if you can find the Bele Fleck and the Flecktones concert DVD "Live at the Quick", BUY IT!!! The 340se L/C/R with a decent subwoofer and you are AT THE SHOW.

However, I did order a L/C/R Sierra-1 package. If the 340se is this good, the Sierra-1 has to be incredible. I can hardly wait for them to arrive.

We'll see..., I'm only going to keep one set of speakers.
    nice man i cant wait to hook up my center. I dont have the mount for it yet gonna mount my l/r on the wall tonight. Prob just gonna build a mount for my center. Will it make a big difference in just music listening as well? thanks for the replys guys. I have yet to turn these off more then twice since they arrived im all grins hehe.

also one more question my old HK reciever doesnt have a crossover points for the speakers i dont have my sub yet so will it cause a problem if i run my 340se mains at large? Ill have my sub next week hopefully then i can run them at small till i get a better newer reciever. thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by get_zwole View Post
    also one more question my old HK reciever doesnt have a crossover points for the speakers i dont have my sub yet so will it cause a problem if i run my 340se mains at large? Ill have my sub next week hopefully then i can run them at small till i get a better newer reciever. thanks for the help.
    No problems running them large.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by get_zwole View Post
    I can't remember if I actually tried my 340se's without a sub??? Running them as large should not present a problem until you get a sub. Just do not expect to hear really low frequencies. Actually, I think having them mounted close to the wall will have a bigger influence on their sound.

I did try setting mine as large, but the sound was better to my ears when set as small using a sub.

I also played around with positioning (in relationship to the wall behind, and the wall to the sides), and found they sound best with roughly 18" -24" of clearance all around in my space.

The Sierra-1 is going to have to sound noticeably better for me to keep them over the 340se's.