Thread: Checking in from Denver, CO - looking for audition

Default Checking in from Denver, CO - looking for audition

Hi all:

So I'm hopping around the various ID A/V sites and wanted to drop in here. I have a basement HT (family room that morphs) that is 21' L x 12.5' W x 7' H (2100 cubic feet) I just put in a Panasonic PT-AX200U projector w/ a 100" Elite Screen. I have a Denon AVR 1802 (80W) receiver w/ 4 x B&W 601S2s, a B&W CC6, and a Velodyne 8" sub. Although the sound is good - I'm looking for more. The things I think I'm missing are detail, clarity, and a sense that the speakers aren't even there.

I really like the idea of 5 matching speakers so if I go w/ Ascend I'm thinking 5 170s. The CMTs look great - but with the stands I have (or if I mounted on the wall) these just won't work as well. The Sierra 1s are a bit pricy. I'm probably holding off for a little while on purchasing but want to get my research done. Although - depending on what I get for my B&Ws - I may almost break even on the 170s...hmmm....

Anyway a few questions:

1) Will 5 x 170s fill this room well?
    2) Will the 170s satisfy my criteria above?
    3) Anyone out there in Denver who would be willing to show off their Ascend gear?

Thanks!

Adam

Default Re: Checking in from Denver, CO - looking for audition

Hey Adam,
    Welcome to the forum. Since yours is kind of a dual post, I think if you repost your 170SE question in the loudspeaker section you will get a quick response. I know there are folks here with that setup. I have the Sierra's and have not heard the 170's, so I can't help you.
    Roger

Default Re: Checking in from Denver, CO - looking for audition

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum!!! Please see my response to your email.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com