Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S'up?

Default S'up?

I guess I should introduce myself since I'm part of the Ascend family now.

My name's Kyle. I had considered buying some CMT-340's but after having some second thoughts and with a few PM's back and forth with Dave, my new PB Sierra-1's are now on their way! I'm really looking forward to getting them and setting them up.

Dave seems to be a great guy and has been a great help in helping me decide what to get. As I already told him, having that kind of access to the owner of the company has definitely played a major part in my decision to purchase Ascends.

Cheers!

Default Re: S'up?

Welcome Kyle!

Post your impressions when you get your Sierra's. I still find myself in awe of these speakers. I'm an old guy and still remember the huge speakers from the 70's, however, the Sierra's blow most of them away.
    Thank God for Dave and Ascend.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I'll definitley post my impressions and maybe even some pics after I get it all setup.

Welcom Kyle!

Are you doing a 2 speaker setup or a HT setup? I know you're excited about getting your speakers. Mine arrived as promised by UPS, five days after ordering. I live in the sticks of Georgia, maybe yours won't take as long...

I join Jim in asking for a full report once they arrive. What will they be replacing?

Doug

Thanks Doug. It will be a HT setup. Sierra-1's across the front and a pair of HTM-200's for surrounds and an Epik Valor sub. They're not replacing anything, it's a new room I finished upstairs. Downstairs in the living room I've got some crappy HK HKTS speakers and sub and an HK AVR235. I'm thinking this new setup will be just a little bit better sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by kylem View Post
    I guess I should introduce myself since I'm part of the Ascend family now.

My name's Kyle. I had considered buying some CMT-340's but after having some second thoughts and with a few PM's back and forth with Dave, my new PB Sierra-1's are now on their way! I'm really looking forward to getting them and setting them up.

Dave seems to be a great guy and has been a great help in helping me decide what to get. As I already told him, having that kind of access to the owner of the company has definitely played a major part in my decision to purchase Ascends.

Cheers!
    Hy Kyle,

It was my pleasure assisting you and welcome to our family!

Enjoy!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by kylem View Post
    Thanks Doug. It will be a HT setup. Sierra-1's across the front and a pair of HTM-200's for surrounds and an Epik Valor sub. They're not replacing anything, it's a new room I finished upstairs. Downstairs in the living room I've got some crappy HK HKTS speakers and sub and an HK AVR235. I'm thinking this new setup will be just a little bit better sounding.
    Hi Kyle, You will have a terrific new system and you will really like how well the Epik Valor performs with the Ascends. I've had my Valor and Sierra's together since Dec and love it. I echo the folks who want your impressions of the system.
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hy Kyle,

It was my pleasure assisting you and welcome to our family!

Enjoy!!
    Thanks Dave! My speakers all arrived today. If I were going by looks alone, I'd say these things were awesome! The piano black finish is first rate..I was afraid to touch 'em...lol! And I don't believe I've ever ordered anything online before that came packaged as well as these were...even the stands were double boxed!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerm View Post
    Hi Kyle, You will have a terrific new system and you will really like how well the Epik Valor performs with the Ascends. I've had my Valor and Sierra's together since Dec and love it. I echo the folks who want your impressions of the system.
    Roger
    Thanks Roger, that's good to hear about the Valor. I've not had time to set everything up tonight other than wiring up the L/C/R's. Tomorrow I'll mount my surrounds and hook up the sub and start setting everything up hopefully.

Once I get evrything squared away I'll report back and maybe post some pics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerm View Post
    Roger
    How do you liek teh Valor? Did you audition other subs?

So....I have everything setup and hope to spend some time with it all this weekend. One question though because I've seen several different recomendations....where should I set the crossovers for my Sierra's (and HTM-200SE's)?

Currently I have all five speakers set at small and 80Hz (and the Valor is set at 80Hz as well). Thanks in advance.