Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk subwoofers...

Default Re: Let’s talk subwoofers...

Quote Originally Posted by millerwill View Post
    (Would this be an significant upgrade to the SVS?)
    With regards to sound quality, IMO, without a doubt.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by millerwill View Post
    OK, thanks, Doug; that pretty much answers my question. Your room is ~ 2900 cu ft, and mine is only ~ 2200. I also have a SVS PB10 ISD, and it seems completely adequate. Thus it seems clear that the smallest Rythmyk would be completely adequate--IF I decide to do an 'upgrade'. (Would this be an significant upgrade to the SVS?)
    I'm curious to how big of an upgrade this will be as well. I'm currently matching the Sierras with a SVS PC plus. I have bottomed the sub on a few occasions when watching movies and honestly, it wasn't at THAT loud of a volume. Another area I'm hoping to improve is the mid bass punch and the overall blend with my Sierras. I feel the SVS does a decent job in HT but has forced me to turn off the subs for music as it doesn't blend well with the Sierras for that purpose. On top of this, the down firing SVS bass somehow travels to my neighbors downstairs a lot more than a front firing sub.

How big of a difference will a pair of F15's be compared to the SVS as well as the difference between a pair of F12's? They are so close price wise (even if they will offer a F15 SE) that price wouldn't be a factor.

You have bottomed a PC Plus? How big is your room?

I wasn't ultimately happy with the blend of my Sierras and VTF-3.3, but with the Rythmik, Hsu ULS-15, and JL's I have heard them with...the blend is excellent.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    You have bottomed a PC Plus? How big is your room?

I wasn't ultimately happy with the blend of my Sierras and VTF-3.3, but with the Rythmik, Hsu ULS-15, and JL's I have heard them with...the blend is excellent.
    My listening area is about 250 sq ft but the whole condo is open space for a total of 927 sq ft. The first movie I remembered hearing the sub bottom out is hot fuzz. 2 other movies I remember experiencing this problem is Hitman and 28 Days Later. I have never actually measured how many db my listening volume is but I'm sure it's quite moderate because I have neighbors on all sides. I can say for sure the volume is definitely lower than what volumes we've listend to at your house.

Let me throw you a curveball here Curtis. 50HT/50music. What are their similarities and differences. What are the Pros/Cons of Dual ULS-15 vs F15's? Price not being too much of a factor as they're not that big of a difference.

With regards to sound quality, IMO, without a doubt.
    You're evil! Quit tempting me!

Doug

How about in terms of cubic feet? How high are your ceilings?

The sound quality between the two subs is very close. IMO, the Rythmik is a tad more articulate and a bit less overhang. Not something you could notice unless you could listen to them one after the other. The ULS-15 seems to have a tad more output down low with the settings I use on the Rythmik.
    -curtis

How about in terms of cubic feet? How high are your ceilings?

The sound quality between the two subs is very close. IMO, the Rythmik is a tad more articulate and a bit less overhang. Not something you could notice unless you could listen to them one after the other. The ULS-15 seems to have a tad more output down low with the settings I use on the Rythmik.
    I'll measure tonight and get back to you. So are you using the Rythmik at your place now? If you were in the market for new subs to go with the Sierras, what will be your "ultimate" pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Blake1214 View Post
    I'll measure tonight and get back to you. So are you using the Rythmik at your place now? If you were in the market for new subs to go with the Sierras, what will be your "ultimate" pick?
    Yes, I have what I think is the equivalent of the F15. For my room and needs.....about 2300cu/ft.

If price was no concern, I would go for a JL F113. The fit and finish on the JL subs are incredible.

But for my budget and purposes, the sub that offers the highest value is the Rythmik 15" at $990 shipped, and can't be passed up.

The D15SE caught my eye, but would look out of place in my room.
    -curtis

I think these Rythmik subs are probably top notch in the music department, and average in output for HT from what I can tell. Please correct me if I am wrong. What kind of output do that have @ 20hz?
    L/R - Sierra Towers
    Center - Sierra Horizon Tower
    Surrounds - 200SE
    SW - Dual PSA XV15's
    TV - Panasonic TC-P65VT60
    A/V Receiver - Denon AVR-4311CI
    Blu-ray/DVD - Sony BDP-S5100
    DVR STB - Motorola Arris X1

Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    I think these Rythmik subs are probably top notch in the music department, and average in output for HT from what I can tell. Please correct me if I am wrong. What kind of output do that have @ 20hz?
    I think the output is fine at 20hz.

We need to define what "average in output for HT" is.

I have had a Hsu VTF-3.3...actually still have it, and with movies, I am not missing a thing with the Rythmik.
    -curtis