Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk subwoofers...

Default Re: Let’s talk subwoofers...

Quote Originally Posted by ebh View Post
    I think Brian at Rythmik has said that he recommends the 12" if you want to crossover at 100hz or higher. But as Mike^S said, you should be fine crossing the 170s at 80hz.
    they sound pretty good at 60hz sans sub, but i bet a sub would really compliment them well. thanks for the input

btw, david any more info re: ascend's subwoofers? i know this is like a millionth nag on this, but hey we all dig ascend products :P

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The SB12-Plus is indeed a fine subwoofer for its size and price point. I am quite familiar with it and have recommended it many times for someone looking for something small and compact, with good music performance in a small room. I can say without hesitatation that I have heard and measured considerably better subwoofers at this price point and size (not quite as small, but close) It is a great subwoofer, no doubt - but there are better choices out there already (IMO)
    what better choices? I know the ACI Force and Martin Logan Dynamo are pretty good, right now I really need a small front firing sub and the SVS was going to be it.

FWIW, if you don't need a ton of output, I like my UFW-10's for music. They run around $400 used, give or take $50 and shipping.
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    they sound pretty good at 60hz sans sub, but i bet a sub would really compliment them well. thanks for the input

btw, david any more info re: ascend's subwoofers? i know this is like a millionth nag on this, but hey we all dig ascend products :P

Nothing just yet, but this thread will be the very first place I post something when the time comes
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by dlfromcanada View Post
    what better choices? I know the ACI Force and Martin Logan Dynamo are pretty good, right now I really need a small front firing sub and the SVS was going to be it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Rythmik's direct servo subwoofers are exceptional and highly recommended!
    I would say have a listen to a Rythmik.
    -curtis

the Rythmiks look interesting,

I was hoping Mr. Fabrikant would elaborate a little on his earlier statement, it would seem as if he has done some serious testing on such small subs

I was hoping Mr. Fabrikant would elaborate a little on his earlier statement, it would seem as if he has done some serious testing on such small subs
    Sure have -- I have been involved with subwoofers since the birth of the powered subwoofer. I have probably torn apart, tested and evaluated more subwoofers than SVS, AV123 and Hsu combined. However, I am not ready to offer more elaboration on my prior statements just yet.

Please don't misconstrue, as I have said before, the SB-12 plus is a good choice.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

sorry, you mentioned there were better options, I just wanted to know which ones you had in mind

didn't realize I was out of line

sorry, you mentioned there were better options, I just wanted to know which ones you had in mind

didn't realize I was out of line
    No -- sorry, definitely NOT out of line at all. Believe me, I am fighting the desire to make a recommendation to you and everyone else following this. If not for a few issues that have not yet been worked out, you and many others would have a PM or email from me already...

If my post was off base, I apologize. I have a very sick family member who has been in the hospital for the past few weeks, having contracted a serious E-Coli infection from what was supposed to be a simple surgery -- been popping some Xanax for the past few days and while it is keeping my anxiety level down, my thought process is a bit interrupted temporarily Sorry....
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

sorry to hear about your family member

I'll stay tuned, thanks