Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Let’s talk subwoofers...

Default Re: Let’s talk subwoofers...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
    Where does it say that? According to what I saw on their site, the choices were either DIY or have a cabinet maker do it. Perhaps I looked in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by kylem View Post

Oh... Never mind then...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidD View Post
    Where does it say that? According to what I saw on their site, the choices were either DIY or have a cabinet maker do it. Perhaps I looked in the wrong place.

The website implies to me that they will assemble it:

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/DS15.html

see #8 about 1/5th down the page:

"Assembly of the subwoofer is free when both kit and enclosure are ordered. "

Edit - oops, I couldn't see the images above when I replied
    Last edited by Jonnyozero3; 09-05-2008 at 11:00 AM.
    Jon O.

thanks for finding that, i completely overlooked that! that's a good deal too, but unfortunately would put me in the hole quite a bit :\
    would anyone know how to get in better contact with the company? I had questions regarding the build plans and wanted their opinion on the matter.

the rythmikaudio subs all seem to roll off at 70hz and higher, they even suggest crossing it at below 90hz; anyone know how well this will would pair with the 170's roll off at 100hz and lower? it seems like there would be a bit of a gap in the frequency-- do the slope's on both speakers during a xover result in a somewhat flatter response when in this transition?
    Last edited by scape; 09-05-2008 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    The SB12-Plus is indeed a fine subwoofer for its size and price point. I am quite familiar with it and have recommended it many times for someone looking for something small and compact, with good music performance in a small room. I can say without hesitatation that I have heard and measured considerably better subwoofers at this price point and size (not quite as small, but close) It is a great subwoofer, no doubt - but there are better choices out there already (IMO)
    After lurking here since I first started looking at Ascend speakers (finally choosing the Sierra 1 back in February, with which I am quite pleased) this is my first post to the forum.

I am still only in the "considering" stage of a subwoofer purchase and I too have been anxiously waiting the Ascend release. In the meantime, could you please elaborate on these "better choices"? I use my system almost exclusively for 2 channel music so my primary concern is musicality, something that will blend well and keep up with the quality of the Sierras.

Thanks. Al

Quote Originally Posted by AlPartridge View Post
    After lurking here since I first started looking at Ascend speakers (finally choosing the Sierra 1 back in February, with which I am quite pleased) this is my first post to the forum.

I am still only in the "considering" stage of a subwoofer purchase and I too have been anxiously waiting the Ascend release. In the meantime, could you please elaborate on these "better choices"? I use my system almost exclusively for 2 channel music so my primary concern is musicality, something that will blend well and keep up with the quality of the Sierras.

Thanks. Al
    for straight musicality I hear the REL subwoofers are great; though can be quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by scape View Post
    the rythmikaudio subs all seem to roll off at 70hz and higher, they even suggest crossing it at below 90hz; anyone know how well this will would pair with the 170's roll off at 100hz and lower? it seems like there would be a bit of a gap in the frequency-- do the slope's on both speakers during a xover result in a somewhat flatter response when in this transition?
    It will be no problem. The 170s actually extend to below 60hz in-room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    It will be no problem. The 170s actually extend to below 60hz in-room.
    ahh, ok. that's good news
    i'm receiving the 170's today, i was a little afraid of the low end, as i won't have a sub for a few weeks. i'm moving up from jbl82's, i can only imagine the amount of change i am going to hear! the other speakers had decent low end response due to the 8" ported woofer, but the midrange was like a cavern, totally missing, and don't get me started on that titanium tweeter..

I think Brian at Rythmik has said that he recommends the 12" if you want to crossover at 100hz or higher. But as Mike^S said, you should be fine crossing the 170s at 80hz.