Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I think these Rythmik subs are probably top notch in the music department, and average in output for HT from what I can tell. Please correct me if I am wrong. What kind of output do that have @ 20hz?
You are wrong Curious as to how you would come to that conclusion?

Here are are ground plane maximum clean output measurements of a variety of subwoofers, including an older version of the 12" Rythmik sub. These measurements were taken outside in an open field with a mic distance of 2 meters. (Kudos to Iikka Rissanen)

You can expect as much as 6-8dB more output in-room.

Notice that the Rythmik averaged 104.1 dB. That is only 1dB less than what both the SVS 20-39 PC+ (12Hz tune) and Hsu VTF3-MK3 averaged. Look at the size difference between these subwoofers, this is comparing large ported subwoofers with a sealed sub less than half the size. This is extremely impressive output. It is only about 5dB less than the SVS PB-13 Ultra measured in sealed mode, to keep things equal.

If you add the 3-4 dB more output the 15" will deliver, we are within 3dB of the formidable JL Audio F113, even at 12.5Hz!

What kind of output do that have @ 20hz?
What type of measurement? What microphone distance? Inside or outside? Ground plane or anechoic? Peak output or continuous? Continous tone or impulse? I can answer your question with nearly any arbitrary number and it would be correct. I can say 120dB output at 20Hz and it would be correct. I can say 90dB output at 20Hz and it would be correct. It is equivalent of me asking you, how much beer can you consume (you say, "lots" but there is no frame of reference to compare) More detail is needed and in addition, do you know what output levels (in dB) you presently listen at and what you consider to be adequate/loud/too loud?

I am not trying to sell you anything here, if you knew what our profit margins are on these you would wonder why we are even bothering. These subs are the real deal -- 'nuff said.