Thread: Sierras & old surrounds or 340s & 200s?

Default Sierras & old surrounds or 340s & 200s?

OK, other than waiting for a bonus check to hit so I can order my Ascend speakers, I had pretty much decided what I wanted. Unfortunately I already have upgraditis and I don't even have my first Ascend speakers in the house!

For a medium size room (220 sq ft/1600 cu ft) I had decided on 340s across the front and 200 for the surrounds. Buying B-stock with stands and shipping would be about $1088. Now because of what I read on the Sierra-1 speakers I am thinking of another option. B-stock Sierras across the front with shipping is roughly $1325. The 200 surrounds would put me over budget (I know it would be much more but I really need to stay within limits).

So the question is would I be better off with the 340s + 200s or the Sierras across the front while using old Polk Audio RT f/x speakers for the rear?

Primary use is HT but 2.0 music is still very much a part of the equation.
    Last edited by wish; 05-09-2008 at 12:57 PM.

Default Re: Sierras & old surrounds or 340s & 200s?

Quote Originally Posted by wish View Post
    So the question is would I be better off with the 340s + 200s or the Sierras across the front while using old Polk Audio RT f/x speakers for the rear?

Primary use is HT but 2.0 music is still very much a part of the equation.
    Hi Wish,

Tough choice -- I would say that if you went with Sierra-1 for the front and are able to add the HTM-200 SE as rears within a month or two, this would be the best solution. Otherwise, the 340/200 combination is recommended since your primary usage is home theater.

Hope this helps!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com