Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: upgrade or not?

Yes, they are, aren't they!! I will have to concede graciously then(if they want to keep it)! Would you say that the STF-2 is worth it's retail price plus shipping from HSU? My current sub originally sold for $899 back in 94.....a dinosaur in the audio world, huh!

MAG

Definitely. I was impressed with it in my room. In my 14x18x8-9 room, the STF-2 could do everything my VTF-3 could do except the deeper stuff. It shook the walls, and the experience with the movies and music I tried with it was not lacking.

-curtis

That brings me to a point of confusion:

The HSU website states the exact same +/-2db @ 25hz for BOTH the STF-2 and 3, sooo......how can one go "deeper" than the other? I would think the 3 would simply play louder if anything. Please clarify if you can!

Thanks

MAG

I have the VTF-3 and have it in the max extension mode which means it is tuned to 20hz.

It is my understanding that the 25hz spec for the STF-3 is a bit conservative...although I do not know for sure. But you are right, all things being equal, the STF-3 will just have more output than the STF-2.

-curtis

Thanks for the speedy reply Curtis! I'll have to find the time to get over to CompUSA and check that puppy out! It's been fun trading posts today, now I must get some work done before I go home in 1 1/2 hours!(Ha!)

MAG

Just remember....CompUSA is probably the worse place to hear anything...let alone a sub.

-curtis

I know, but at least I could check out the sub physically. I wonder if their are any Hsu owners locally who would agree to an audition?? Hmmmm.......

MAG

I think compusa also has a 15% restocking fee on returned items. Buyer beware... []

Derek

Yes, CompUsa does have a 15% re-stock fee.

Thanks for the heads-up! If I buy the sub it will probably be through Hsu directly. I would only go to C-USA to check out the "look-n-feel", so to speak!

MAG