Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: upgrade or not?

If you do not hear any discontinuity between your L/C/R, then I would aim for sub if you can not shake the bug.

Would you happen to be in the Los Angeles area? I know someone that is going back to two channel, and is selling his extra pair of CBM-170's and a CMT-340c, as well as a STF-2. I actually have dibs on the sub...but I do not need it that bad.

-curtis

I have a brother in Agoura Hills and another in Sonoma, yet I live in the Buckeye State(just outside of Cleveland)! Thanks for the quick response. I would need to sell my PSB prior to purchasing the HSU - I have an interested party - so I would probably have to seek out a CompUSA to audition the hsu. My room is about 13'x 18' with 8' ceiling. there are two openings that cannot be closed(kitchen/hall). I am limited to front right corner placement. My logic is that if I went with a downfiring sub I could direct the port away from the wall if it is too boomy.
    I don't want to lose the impact for movies, but wish to improve the bass with music. A 10" woofer w/200 watts(or is it more?) should provide better cone control, right?

Thanks

MAG

I think the STF-2 would be fine for you.

Let me know what you want to do. I am committed to buying the sub and picking it up toward the end of next week. If you want it, I can help facilitate.

-curtis

Thanks Curtis......I'll let you know. I have a birthday on the 4th next month and my prospective buyer is awaiting money from Uncle Sam. How much would you ask for the STF-2 and what would shipping to 44146 zipcode be?

Later

MAG

Since I don't have it yet....I was just thinking you could work everything out with your brother in Agoura Hills. Have him take care of the money and send it out to you. Cut out the middle man...being me.

-curtis

My time frame won't jive with your plans on picking it up next week. I need to have the money in my hands before I can do anything, or I risk getting burned if my buyer backs out. My brother would not lend me the money, so that's not an option. If you buy it as planned and things go as planned here, I could buy it from you at a later date(1 month?)if you would be interested. Don't sweat it, though. Do what you were going to do in the first place. If things work out here I'll let you know.......if not, that's my problem. I could always try to get one at CompUSA if worse comes to worse. Thanks for the offer!

MAG

Fair enough.

I will buy it from the guy next week. My plan was to keep it and put together a 2.1 system in my bedroom, which I really do not need, or set up a 2.1 system over at my Parents' home.

So when you are ready, let me know, and we will see if I want to part with it.

-curtis

Curtis,
    It would seem from reading your post in the other thread that you may not want to part with the STF-2 except to your parents' new system! That's cool.....I just hope if things work out here as planned you would still be willing to sell it to me[]
    The price you paid would be hard to resist as I would be able to buy some new DVD's as well![]

MAG

MAG,

It is a trial for them. If you still want it, let me know. I will say this much, it is a sweet little system!

-curtis

If they end up wanting to keep it....well...they are my Parents.

-curtis