Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New to the forum - I have a decision to make

I a newbie here and recently purchased a Yamaha RXV-3330 (6 x 130W) and is looking for speakers for a 5.1 setup. My living room is about 15 x 15 and 8 feet ceiling with 2 sides opening to kitchen and hall way. I heard a lot of good things about Ascend speakers and spend sometime reading the posts in this forum. The setup I'm interested in: front 340/l/r/c and surround 2x170 with VTF2. Will this a good setup for the room size? By the way, I did not see any 340/l/r in the Ascend web site. How do they sell their 340/l/r? Curtis, could I audition your Ascend speakers. I'm in Irvine, California and will be available during the weekends. Thanks in advance for your help!

Sean

Sean,

For that room, I think either the 170's or 340's would be fine.

To order the 340l/r you need to contact Ascend directly.

No problem on the visit. I will send you an email.

-curtis

Thanks Curtis, for letting me auditioned your speakers. I like Curtis’s setup a lot and have today placed an order from David for the following:

CMT-340 L/C/R for front with custom stands for the CMT-340/L/R
    CMT-170 X 2 for back with regular stands
    SFT-3 for Sub

David was pretty nice and gave a good break on the package. He recommended me getting SFT-3 instead of VFT-3. After I spend some time looking throught Dr. Hsu’s forum, I’m pretty sure I had made right decision.

I have a question on running cables to surround speakers if any one can help me on or not. My living room has wood floor on slab with 2 openings on the front speaker’s sides and I don’t know how to deal with the cabling to back surround speakers. I’m wondering if the cables to surround can be fished through the drywall - from one side to the ceiling and back to the other side of wall. Maybe someone in the forum had similar problem before and can let me know how this problem got solved? Hire an installer for this? Any one knows any installer in Irvine California area? Thanks again Curtis, for letting me listens to your speakers and educated me.

Sean

No problem Sean...my pleasure.

And I didn't educate you...you educated yourself by listening. []

-curtis

hrmmmmm STF 3 over a VTF 3?????