Please note this is not an audiophile review about the "naturalness or focus" of these speakers.
I just want to share my experiance as another happy who customer listens to the Eagles and an audionut for a friend.

I took my brand new CMT 340SE's (less than 1hr playtime on them) over to my buddy who use to own a set of Paradigm Studio60's right until last week! Appearently he brought home a set of B&W 684's and 683's to play with and fell in love with the 684's (683's were too "boomy" he said). So he traded in the Studio 60's for the B&W's.

Since the Studio60's inspired me to shop for a better speaker, I was a little dissapointed to see the B&W's standing there. Oh well...
We unpacked the CMT340se's and set them up on little homemade stands approx 1ft of the floor and 10ft apart.

To keep things fair he decided to set his Pioneer Elite VSX to PCM Direct and disconnected the Sub. Volume dial was set at -20 for the rest of the night.

We started with Hotel California by the Eagles and moved on to other artists like Chris Rea, Queen etc switching back and forth after every song.

Now,
I am happy to report that the CMT340se's performed above and beyond our expectations! Without looking at the prisetag, it would be unfair to pick a favourate. They are honestly that close in my opinion. It comes down to personal preference in sound I quess.
Bass was not as deep as the B&W's, but to my surprise it was something I liked about the CMT340se's!

thanks
Riaan