Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Thread: my Sierra-1 et al story

Default Re: my Sierra-1 et al story

I got it at a local Lowe's hardware store, but did a quick search to see where you can get it online:

http://www.safetystore.com/Quakehold...l-Tev22111.htm

I've removed and reinstalled it several times and comes off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia & Lana's dad View Post

my room is tough to get clean max output readings due to feedback... I was able to produce this graph though - Quads vs. Single at typical calibrated levels, no EQ - right rear corner - mic placed at center channel. This was back when I was trying to figure out the 12.5hz suckout.
    how do you plan on cleaning up the room resonance at 30-40hz? can you play with an eq and level that out? I imagine you probably have a receiver with audyssey/room-correction features...

that's some crazy gel! does it work on non-glass products? smooth surface of say a plastic or metal for adhesion to a smoothly painted wall, or is it just glass-glass?
    Last edited by scape; 08-31-2008 at 06:08 AM.

keep reading, that's a pretty old post. I've since rearranged subs multiple times as well as recruiting a DEQ2496 to fine tune spots I wasn't satisfied with post Audyssey calibration. I have posted more sub related updates on AVS if you want to check it out in the "new HSU flat to 10hz" thread.

I opted for the gel because it was transparent. It works fine between the satin painted finish of the subs.
    Last edited by Mia & Lana's dad; 08-31-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Wow, just wow. Was doing research and stumbled upon Sheila. Amazing setup. Over a decade and half later, how's the setup today?

Really? Bumping a 15 year old thread..
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Quote Originally Posted by racrawford65 View Post
    Really? Bumping a 15 year old thread..
    Really?
    What?
    I see nothing wrong with bumping this 15 years old thread.
    This thread is extremely interesting and very informative.
    Are there rules against bumping 15 years old threads.
    How old is too old in your opinion? lol

I'm glad that this thread was bumped.
    Great reading.

Not this forum, but most as not to bump old threads, particularly with new posts that don’t add value to the previous discussion, as a courtesy. Some forums lock after 30 days, as a rule. These threads are kept on the forums and can be read for reference.
    * LG OLED65E6P, BenqHT2050A
    * Anthem AVM90, Rogue ST100, VTV Pascal 7 ch
    * Sierra Towers/Horizon (all ELX RAAL), S2EXv2 surrounds, HTM200SEx4 heights, Rythmik E15HPx2
    * VPI Classic 1+ (VTA & Fatboy Gimbal), PE Eagle/RR, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's Devices SUT, SugarCube 1 mini
    * Oppo 203 & 103D, EverSolo DMP-A6
    * miniDSP Flex, Audiosensibility & Blue Jeans cables, Symposium & Isoacoustics, GIK
    * For RDJ: Anthem MRX720, Sierra LX, Luna Duo v2 center, CXNv2, TBD

Absolute audio insanity, lol
    Wonder what happened with Ron.
    I see that His last post here was on:
    Join Date 12-13-2007
    Last Activity 03-01-2015, 09:21 PM

Wonder if Ron upgraded his stacked Sierras to the latest versions created by Dave?

This is such a great and entertaining thread.
    Why would somebody be butthurt that it was bumped, is beyond me. Lol
    Jealousy perhaps...lol, yes, it takes few coins to fulfill such a wild audio fantasy...so what!
    Good on Ron that he was in that financial position, and good on Ron to push the boundaries...and for Dave to make audio performance dreams come true...

My other wonder is this:
    What happened here with this post, that was obviously deleted.
    Who was that poster??

But from reading few of the responses it was an obviously some butthurt poster, perhaps jealous that Ron had the coin to reach for the audio performance stars...

griplimited, BE BLESSED FOR BUMPING THIS THREAD...LOL
    Ignore the stiff neck haters.
    Without you griplimited, I would probably never had a chance to read a story about such an entertaining speaker adventure, taken by Ron.
    (judging by the number of clicks that this thread got recently, I'm sure that there are many others who got introduced to this bumped thread).
    But perhaps they got scared to post in it for the chance of being...bullied.

Look that guy was very condescending. I bit my tongue over there, but I won't stand for that crap if he continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    Yeah, he doesn't phrase things well. I was being nice.

That said, i'm still curious if there is a tradeoff with lobing or combing. Please DON'T get me wrong - not trying to poop in any cheerios or anything, just want to get a full picture. Personally, as soon as I saw this, I started considering using four-some's of sierra's up front I just like to have as much info as possible. Personally, from dave f's comments, and your responses, I'm guessing that the benefits far outweigh the tradeoff's, if any.

So, my pardons if I was being too accomodating to him, but curiousity got the best of me. And I respect your restraint. For what it's worth, it was noted on my part immediately...

Patronizing while hiding behind a politically correct post is not constructive and sends mixed messages. He just came across very closed minded and elitist to me. Instead, asking questions to open discussion even if one is set in their ways on a subject would've been a better approach than the insulting path he took. Or perhaps give placement suggestions to explore and demonstrate the "physics which cannot be deceived."

some butthurt poster.png

Ron's_my Sierra-1 et al story.png
    Last edited by AudioFreedom; 05-09-2023 at 12:33 AM.

Wow...old thread. A few of us have been in Ron's room. His home is actually in the neighborhood my family lived in when I was in elementary and junior high. Definitely crazy setup.

Not long after all this I know he started downsizing the system. I know he sold a couple of the Hsu subs.
    -curtis

Thanks AudioFreedom! Long time Ascend user here, just never been active. I was hunting if there was a way to use multiple speakers and came across Ron's. I threw the idea out of my head though lol. Glad to hear some of you guys got to experience it.