Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: my Sierra-1 et al story

Default Re: my Sierra-1 et al story

Interesting! Thanks for the insight!

Btw, in case some are curious, the comments answered were here (search baron).

Dave, that was a superbly detailed response. Much appreciated I can't muster more of a response than a "thanks" to that. lol
    Jon O.

new config!

The new sound anchor stands are awesome. Dead, extremely inert and most important of all - stable & secure! Tremendous upgrade over the mopads on the subs hahahaha. I think they look good too. Dave helped me spec out the proper height for these so that ear position would be at the center of the array. Thanks Dave... you gotta come over now!

oh, here's the latest plot...

Last edited by Mia & Lana's dad; 07-25-2008 at 01:01 PM.

Hi Ron,

I no longer see the MBM-12's in your setup. May I ask what you did with them?

Thx.

Blake

They're in the rear stage now!

I feel the bass just by looking at the pictures

you are one S-I-C-K man.......

Hi Ron,

If I remember correctly didn't you say you are using GIK acoustic panels? if so, how many are you using? I'm using 14 panels including the corner traps, it looks in your pics like you have 3 times that many!
    Have they helped the sound in your space? I know that in my room, the change is dramatically better.

Thanks,

Jim

Yes, let's see:

Tri-Traps x 4

244 x 2

242 Elite x 6

242 x 9

So that's 21 total. Acoustic treatment is like the Army where it lets your system be all that it can be!

Hi Ron,

I'm getting some specs together for Dave to see if I can stack 2 Sierras and how that will effect the sound. I feel my current setup is still lacking some bass and I'm really digging the idea of using 2 subwoofers as my front monitor stand as I will not have room in my room to place 2 subs similar to your old configuration. Was there any drawbacks at all when you had your Sierras on the MBM-12's? Any type of shaking, rattling, or resonance at all? I will however be using either dual ULS-15's or dual PB-13's.

Blake

Unfortunately, I don't believe stacking two will present the correct ohm load.

The mopads on top of the MBM's were temporary but did okay with a single Sierra. After stacking four, it was not very stable. During demos, when they were atop the ULS-15's they would move around slightly but not very much. The height is what made me nervous, coupled with the woofer side weight bias - the array tends to lean in that direction without a solid platform.