Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Classic" HTM-200 vs HTM-200SE

Default Re: The "Classics" Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by DougMac View Post
    The HTM-200's were here when I got home from work. I've posted a user review, but in a nutshell I'm blown away at how good these speakers sound. My HT will be outfitted with Ascends for sure!

Doug
    Hi Doug,

Glad that you are enjoying the classic HTM-200s. I have always had a soft spot for these speakers, which I consider to be truly remarkable for their size. The new 200 SE especially, as they offer a very noticeable improvement in both dynamics and bass extension. My only issue is that they are very expensive to manufacture and our profit margin on these is just too low. We really need to sell these at the price of the 170 SE, but I would be concerned that we would barely move any at all at the higher pricing, considering the alternative.

Without question, these are a true hidden gem
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: The "Classics" Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Doug,

Glad that you are enjoying the classic HTM-200s. I have always had a soft spot for these speakers, which I consider to be truly remarkable for their size. The new 200 SE especially, as they offer a very noticeable improvement in both dynamics and bass extension. My only issue is that they are very expensive to manufacture and our profit margin on these is just too low. We really need to sell these at the price of the 170 SE, but I would be concerned that we would barely move any at all at the higher pricing, considering the alternative.

Without question, these are a true hidden gem
    They probably would still "move". I didn't buy an HTM-200/200SE because I wanted to per se, but because I had to (because of their small size, low weight, and ability to put flush to a wall). I doubt you have even a majority of customers going for these simply because they are the cheapest option.

Other speaker companies "charge" for small form factors since it is an advantage to many.

If I had the room and no WAF issues, the lowest speaker I'd consider that you sell is the 170SE. All of your praise awards are practically screaming "buy the 170SE (or better)".