Thread: Green Mountain Europa?

Derek,

There is a dealer near me that is suppose to be carrying them soon. When that happens, myself and a friend are going to try and get a listen.

-curtis

I called the dealer today asking about listening/auditioning the speakers.

He said he is setup more as a wholesaler and unless I was serious about buying the speakers. He was not very nice on the phone.

-curtis

Thanks anyway. I just thought their choice of cabinet material was very interesting.

Derek

File under the 'Better late than never' category:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/1/75911.html

" Has anyone taken my advice and listened to or purchased these speakers? I simply cannot lay enough praise on them. Truly remarkable speaker. I find myself shaking my head in dis-belief day after day. If you have not heard them, seek out a dealer. They are that good. ..... These speakers have a very simple first order x-over so they don't seem to care whats driving them. I've heard them powered by panasonic xr-45 home theater recievers as well as high dollar amps like Edge and Rowland. They sound fine either way. The main thing is the phase/time relationship with the music these speakers maintain. Look at it this way: source is always the most important part of any hi-fi system. Taken one step further, with the exception of synth's, all music you listen to is recorded thru a microphone. That mic can only hear one dimension and thats distance. Distance is time. Time is delay. If the speaker cannot keep the original time/phase relationship of the recording, you'll find yourself not being able to connect with that musical performance, hence all the buzz on MFSL, DCC, TELARC, GRP etc recordings. It's the everyday cd's we buy in the music stores that most speakers muck up. Again, phase is the culprit. These speakers, because they don't smear the phase of the tiny signals as they pass thru the crossover, make all your recordings much more listenable. Even ones you thought were virtually unlistenable like old Beatles or Beach Boys, etc. I truly believe phase issues, as time goes on, will be more and more connected with poor quality speaker/amp combinations.

While I won't dispute that, but how do you account for many microphones? The music we hear is not recorded by one microphone.

-curtis

I hope that was rhetorical, as I sure as hell don't know! []

LOL...yeah it was. []

-curtis

they don't make a center channel []

IF you're interested in marble cased speakers, I've always been intrigued by these...

www.norh.com

Problem is, I don't know anyone that actually owns them. They're pretty radical and I'd be a little hesitant in spending money for these since they are a world away from me.

Anyone heard them?

Sony WE610 60" LCD RPTV
    Pioneer Elite 59TXi AVR
    Pioneer Elite 59AVi Universal DVD player
    CBM 340 Front L/R
    CBM 340c Center
    HTM 200s Rear L/R and rear surround (6.1)
    HSU VTF-3
    Monster THX certified interconnects
    DIY speaker cable (that's better than anyhing I can purchase elsewhere)