Hi,

I had these Sierras for about 3 weeks although mostly i've had the grills on. I remember when i first got them, on the left speaker's tweeter, I saw what I thought was a speck of dust; I didn't really think about. Just yesteday i was using microfiber cloth to remove dust on the speaker and I saw the little piece of dust/fiber and i tried to just blow it off.

Since it didn't come off i looked a little closer and it didn't really look like a piece of dust anymore, so i gently tried to nudge it off (thought it was a big piece of dust?) and noticed it wasn't moving at all. The more I look it looks more like some kind of gunk, maybe some kind of glue? I always hear about Paradigm speakers with bits of glue still stuck to the drivers, and this could be just a piece of glue that dried on the tweeter during production.

Anyway, I was wondering if this would effect performance in anyway? It's not that big of a deal cosmetically, i don't really sit that close to the speakers, but there is a nagging feeling (maybe paranoia?) that there's something wrong with the speaker.

Here's what it looks like (sorry, my digicam is ancient):