Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What subwoofer(s) are you matching with your Ascends?

Default Re: What subwoofer(s) are you matching with your Ascends?

I just recently set up my system 340 mains w/ center and 200 bookshelves. I'm driving them w/ a pioneer 94. I'm now in the market for a sub and was looking at the hsu mk-III but have been wanting to hold out for a new ascend sub. I don't want to wait too long....does anyone have any kind of information about how long it's anticipated before the first line is released?

Quote Originally Posted by Stix577 View Post
    I just recently set up my system 340 mains w/ center and 200 bookshelves. I'm driving them w/ a pioneer 94. I'm now in the market for a sub and was looking at the hsu mk-III but have been wanting to hold out for a new ascend sub. I don't want to wait too long....does anyone have any kind of information about how long it's anticipated before the first line is released?
    nope. we don't even know if there is an official ascend sub coming, or if they will be partnering with another company to offer a line of subs like they used to do with Hsu.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Rest assured though, DaveF will not offer a sub if it doesn't match the sound quality of his speakers.
    -curtis

My SVS PB12-NSD arrived today and I all I can say is WOW, what a difference. Not only would it hold about 3 of the Sony SA-WM40 subs (the SVS replaces one), but the sound, impact and clarity are light years different than the Sony. The muddiness that I had grown accustom to is gone now. The sub also digs way deeper.

The SVS blends terrifically with the Ascends, not only in sound, but also in appearance.

I'm a very happy camper right now

Quote Originally Posted by drewface View Post
    nope. we don't even know if there is an official ascend sub coming, or if they will be partnering with another company to offer a line of subs like they used to do with Hsu.

why did the company go away from HSU? I was looking at both the hsu and the pb lines but don't know enough about either line to pull the trigger on one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stix577 View Post
    why did the company go away from HSU? I was looking at both the hsu and the pb lines but don't know enough about either line to pull the trigger on one yet.
    Hsu pulled the plug on their limited dealer network in the beginning of 2007. When they did that, it included Ascend.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    Anyone know what sub dave is using in his home? I trust his ear more than my own after hearing his products.
    I tend to swap subwoofers quite often. Right now, no sub at all with my Sierra-1. I was using a prototype model for a while for various testing etc.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by dallas View Post
    Anyone know what sub dave is using in his home? I trust his ear more than my own after hearing his products.

On a similar note, not to be much off topic....

Dave F. What amp/processor do you use with your sierras? Just curious......currently amp shopping

Brandon

Prototype????

Quote Originally Posted by buddhadas View Post
    Prototype????
    Do I smell bamboo?

Could be MDF...