Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: What subwoofer(s) are you matching with your Ascends?

Default Re: What subwoofer(s) are you matching with your Ascends?

Quote Originally Posted by mattopia View Post
    I fully expected this thread to be full of people running subless!

That being said, I run Sierra-1's for L/C/R and I find the bass response more than adequate.
    My reasoning would be the opposite on this; I wouldn't think someone buying Ascends wouldn't be looking for sound best described as (just) "adequate". Someone wanting just adequate goes to Best Buy to buy KLH's on sale.

Also, not everyone has Sierra's. As much as I practically adore my 340SE's, there is no question (to me, anyway) that they need some help on the bass; including on music. But 340SE + an HSU sub? Music bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by azanon View Post
    My reasoning would be the opposite on this; I wouldn't think someone buying Ascends wouldn't be looking for sound best described as (just) "adequate". Someone wanting just adequate goes to Best Buy to buy KLH's on sale.
    You must have not interpreted my post correctly. I did say "more than adequate", not "just adequate".

I am extremely impressed with the bass response of my Sierra-1's. Moreso than the full sized Boston's that I was previously using. Do the Sierra-1's knock paintings down in other rooms? No. Do the Sierra-1's represent an extremely natural and pleasing sound to me without a sub? Definitely.

I don't think it's at all unreasonable for someone to run Sierra-1's without a sub. I think it is very unreasonable to assume that someone who is should be using a budget brand.

JL Audio f112 with my Sierra's. Phenonimal sealed compact sub withh a beautiful piano black finish to match my Sierra's.