Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siera or 340 SE?

Default Re: Sierra or 340 SE?

I have the Onkyo 805 and just go into the config and turn the sub off as it is off 80% of the time. That way I can listen to Dolby Digital 5 channel with the bass through the Sierra's. It just takes a few seconds to turn it back on and readjust the front crossovers to 60HZ.

I could use Pure Audio or Direct which seem to cut the sub but I like the sound better using Audyssey's settings through Dolby Digital. In my house, the sub comes through multiple floors and disturbs my wife so I only turn it on for heavy action movies or rock music when it won't disturb others. With the Sierra's, this is not really a sacrifice now!

Michael

Default Re: Sierra or 340 SE?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I have the Onkyo 805 and just go into the config and turn the sub off as it is off 80% of the time. That way I can listen to Dolby Digital 5 channel with the bass through the Sierra's. It just takes a few seconds to turn it back on and readjust the front crossovers to 60HZ.

I could use Pure Audio or Direct which seem to cut the sub but I like the sound better using Audyssey's settings through Dolby Digital. In my house, the sub comes through multiple floors and disturbs my wife so I only turn it on for heavy action movies or rock music when it won't disturb others. With the Sierra's, this is not really a sacrifice now!

Michael
    Hmm, ok. I guess I could see why you would want to do it manually if you also like the sub for some music, like rock music that you mentioned. But if it was just a situation of preferring the sub off for music, and on for movies, setting the R/L to "large" pretty much does that automatically.

Default Re: Siera or 340 SE?

Owner is a friend of my 340S's I listened to the Sierra. The big difference that it's compared with 340 people heard the Sierra through the fine detail and deep bass, he said.