I have been curious on what ascend owners have found regarding this topic. I have read numerous threads on AVS forum & etc with people going back and forth with different opinions. My question is for those that have experienced the 2 options and can comment in a non-biased way----unlike some on the larger forums that just like to post

My setup consists of a yamaha rx-v2600 using its preouts to a B&K 200.3 amp for my front 3 siearras. The yamaha only powers the rear 170's. Don't get me wrong, it sounds phenominal but with companies like outlaw, integra, and emotiva offering affordable seperates that are within reach of the not so rich/famous, I want to know what improvments can or cannot be made?

Dave F, if you happen to stumble across this thread, I would be curious for you to chime in considering your experience & knowledge I have witnessed from your posts throughout the years I imagine with all of the critical listening you have done with different equipment, you can offer some insight.

Thanks everyone,

Brandon