Thread: Receiver for Sierras

Post Receiver for Sierras

I'm new to good audio and to the Ascend forum. Looking to buy a good two channel receiver for pair of Sierra-1 speakers (which I plan to order). My choice narrowed down to NADC720BEE or Outlaw RR2150. Leaning toward the NAD because it just looks and feels simpler, and that appeals to our personal aesthetics and values.
    Any advice? My original budget for receiver and speakers was $1000, but since I'm devoted to spending almost that much on the Sierras, it looks like the budget's going to be closer to $1500, unless anyone can tell me that I'd do just fine with a cheaper receiver like the Onkyo TX8522? Thanks!

I think either the NAD or Outlaw would be a good choice. Remember, some of the Outlaws used to work for NAD.

I use an Onkyo THX receiver for music and HT. It does a good job. Sonically, for strictly 2-channel, I'm not sure how Onkyo would stack up to the other two.
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thank you. If there's no outstanding difference, I'll probably go with the NAD.

(Getting my first reply to my first post -anywhere,ever- was kind of fun. I wonder if I might enjoy forum chat as much as I've enjoyed researching and anticipating the purchase of good sound equipment?)

Quote Originally Posted by kymt View Post
    (Getting my first reply to my first post -anywhere,ever- was kind of fun. I wonder if I might enjoy forum chat as much as I've enjoyed researching and anticipating the purchase of good sound equipment?)
    be careful, it can get addicting!
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5