Thread: Running 150 miles (upping the ante from last year's 100 miler)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Running 150 miles (upping the ante from last year's 100 miler)

Since I was able to complete the Mohican 100 trail race last June, I decided to sign up for the longest trail ultra in the U.S. - the McNaughton Park 150 Trail Race, April 11th - 13th (52 hour time limit this year, up from the 48 hrs last year) in the Peoria IL suburb of Pekin.

Wish me luck!

I had a new friend over the night to do a home theater demo and he was blown away by the sound of the Ascends! Of course he was, how could he not be!
    -- Tom --
    http://run100forcharity.info
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Thumbs up

you're crazy

good luck with this, Tom!
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Thanks for the good luck wishes - I'll need it! This will take sleep deprivation to a whole new level for me as I'll have to try making it through both Friday and Saturday nights on the move. Sounds really tough, I had a hard enough time on the Mohican 100 just making it through one night of being on the move. Yikes.

I see this race director is now offering a 200 mile trail ultra, so this is the 2nd longest race now in the U.S., not the longest. Oh well, it WAS when I signed up for it last year!
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Haha, you're insane! I love it!

Good luck, keep us updating on your training. I'm assuming you'll be running full marathons regularly just to burn off a big dinner

Really, I'm impressed. And to think I was just promising myself to race a half this year to stay in shape, lol. I feel lame now!
    Jon O.

Thanks Jon (I think) !

Good luck with your half marathon, that is a fun distance and race. I've never run a true marathon race, but after I'm done with this trail ultra in April I may train for our local marathon which is nice and FLAT unlike these trail ultras!

Target mileage:
    Jan - 275
    Feb - 325
    Mar - 375 to 400
    2 week taper to the 150 miler
    -- Tom --
    My HT

Quote Originally Posted by tjennings View Post
    Good luck with your half marathon, that is a fun distance and race. I've never run a true marathon race, but after I'm done with this trail ultra in April I may train for our local marathon which is nice and FLAT unlike these trail ultras!
    do you really need training for 13.1 miles after running 150?
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5