Thread: Speaking of bamboo

Default Speaking of bamboo

I saw this site mentioned in Baseball America. I had a stickball bat of bamboo when I was young. Good whiplash until it splintered.

I say this the other day, a bamboo knife block -

Apparently you can get Shun sets with them too. If I didn't already have a block and set, I'd be all over this.

They're making all kinds of things out of bamboo these days...knife blocks, cutting boards (beautiful, but hard on good knives), gobs of furniture, tons of flooring, countertops, cabinets, etc. It's a great (albeit expensive) and eco-friendly product (not to mention gorgeous) and is becoming more available to consumers and manufacturers. Cool stuff!

BTW, I've been building picture frames with the leftovers from speaker stands.

Catonsville, MD

my girlfriend spins different fibers all the time, and i found out a couple weeks ago that bamboo can actually be processed into a wool-like material, which can then be spun into yarn and used to make sweaters, hats, gloves, etc. pre-spun, it actually feels just as soft, if not softer, than a lot of other fibers used in clothing.
    CMT-340SE Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Yamaha RX-V2400, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung LN52A650, Sony CDP-CA70ES, Numark TT-200, JVC TD-W103, XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Default Speaking of bamboo

by the way thank you a lot for forum....I just found out. It is great now.....
    hope more and more people will join us....

Default Re: Speaking of bamboo

I have read this whole stuff and the thing is that I want to say you that smaller branches of bamboo would be super cute wrapped around an old cage shadow of a new look and then wrapped around some glass cylinder vases and throw a tea light in the background.