Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Couple recommendations:

Eskimo & Sons: How Does It Feel To Be Crushed By One Man With The Strength Of A Million?

Really enjoying the female vocal/xylophone on the track 2012, you can hear lots of details/depth in the track. They have some songs posted here. No Sh*t is a classic track from that album as well. Now I really want to see them live!

In the same vein, I also like Emily Haines: Knives Don't Have Your Back. Website with sample track here.

Ascend speakers really allow the voices of these female talents to come alive, along with the instrumentation.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    You are not alone. I have Carpenters - The Singles 1969 - 1981 in SACD and it is a great collection. Its not something I listen to everyday but Karen's voice is incredible.
    I just got this in the mail today. Sounds great, and I have not tried the SACD layer yet!
    -curtis

I find it appropriate that my first post is in relation to music.

On their third full-length recording TV on the Radio continue to show why every other band in America should be calling it a day.

TouchandGo/Interscope 2008

An amazing collection of tracks from one of the founding members of The Jayhawks.

Hacktone 2007

Borders is having a 40% off sale on all CDs with this coupon:
    http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40cds1110.asp
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Borders is having a 40% off sale on all CDs with this coupon:
    http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon40cds1110.asp
    sweet find! I was about to pick up yo-yo ma today! thankyas for the tip!

wow, had to share this, the new yo-yo ma cd is fantastic. the audio recording quality is simply superb, and the amount of music types is amazing. all over the place it seems. i highly recommend this to classical, jazz, and world music fans.

For those of you that are Patricia Barber fans, and fans of good recordings, I just got Patricia Barber's "The Cole Porter Mix". Excellent stuff.
    -curtis

I have always liked Cowboy Junkies - Trinity Sessions. The disc is an amazing recording.

Also, Wynton Marsalis - Std Time Vol2 is awesome. In fact, nearly everything he does is awesome.
    340 SE's
    Polk PSW125
    H/K AVR-354

If anyone wants to test out the low frequency output of their subwoofer check out the track "Childhood Dreams" by Nelly Furtado. I'm not really a fan of her music but the beginning of this song has some loud organ music. I literally lol'd after seeing the woofer on my JL F112 nearly reach it's 3 inches of excursion as my fireplace rattled along.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    If anyone wants to test out the low frequency output of their subwoofer check out the track "Childhood Dreams" by Nelly Furtado. I'm not really a fan of her music but the beginning of this song has some loud organ music. I literally lol'd after seeing the woofer on my JL F112 nearly reach it's 3 inches of excursion as my fireplace rattled along.
    haha, that's awesome. and an awesome sub, i'm jealous!
    i played an old cd the other day (crystal method, vegas) and track 4 came up (high roller) and the bass line is unbelievable, the low hz and spl is just nutty! i never had listened to it with a nice speaker system, it is a good experience

i figured I'd give a link: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Crystal...as/High+Roller

and while i'm at it, here's a funny one from another artist i like (sigur ros), though I'm warning you that the video is nsfw, as it has a bunch of nude people running silly around a forest, lol
    http://www.last.fm/music/Sigur+R%C3%B3s/+videos/6102097