Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6667686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Exclamation Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    @theophile

Can you please post some of the music in the categories that you mentioned in your post please?��

All the more good if you have a Playlist on Spotify or qobuz.

I am talking about the below...

"Let me assure you, Ascend Acoustic Speakers "Does" Orchestral & Large Cathedral Choral Works, Pipe Organ, Small Wind Ensembles, Instrumentals, Solo Vocalist, A Capella Vocals, Live Nigh Club Jazz, R&B and Piano/S.Bass/Percussion Trios VERY WELL and with VERY REALISTIC Playback Performance!!! "

Thank you in advance
    Great idea and a very valid request, RSMT2K...thanks for asking!

I currently don't have a written play-list (do not stream)...strictly listen to my 600+ CD library! However, after current tax work, retirement investment reviews & SS applications, I do need to get a favorite-list together and will post an attachment on the forum for members future review!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 03-11-2022 at 06:14 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Exclamation Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Great idea and a very valid request, RSMT2K...thanks for asking!

I currently don't have a written play-list (do not stream)...strictly listen to my 600+ CD library! However, after current tax work, retirement investment reviews & SS applications, I do need to get a favorite-list together and will post an attachment on the forum for members future review!

Ted
    RSMT2K...Finally, All caught up!

IMHO, the category list represents only the top 10% of my music library Genre! It took me most of the day to gather, as I have many more favorites in each list that I rotate in and out, but I seem to keep coming back to these most often!

For soundstage 3D presentation, accuracy and resolute fidelity, superb vocal/instrumental timbres, and emotional connections to well recorded acoustical performances, I find these hard to beat (see HERE)!!

Hope this helps,

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 05-12-2022 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Corrected Errors!
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Minor correction to list: Wailin' Jennys
    (Pun intended)

My latest find: Bob James - (Album) Feel Like Making LIVE!

This is well recorded, fantastic dynamics and grooves!!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Thumbs up Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
    Minor correction to list: Wailin' Jennys
    (Pun intended)
    JG,

Thanks for the notice...correction done! What beautiful " wailin' " country voices!!

Ted

This album by Malia and Boris Blank has some great tracks musically and testing your speakers. These are some of my fav tracks.
    -Fever
    -Celestial echo
    -Smoldering Ashes

https://www.amazon.com/Convergence-M...34481100&psc=1

Highly recommended and just recently released. Porcupine Tree has a new album, "Closure / Continuation"

https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es/product/88580

For those not familiar with this progressive rock band, these are extremely talented musicians and demand from fans brought them back together, their last release was way back in 2009.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

^ There's a somewhat interesting story behind that new Porcupine Tree album. The three participating band members (Steve Wilson - vocals, guitar, bass, lots of other instruments; Richard Barbieri - keyboard; Gavin Harrison - drums) created the album "in complete secrecy" over the course of 11 years, avoiding any publicity until they were close to finished in late 2021. They may have decided to maintain secrecy to avoid pressure from fans, music critics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic icons View Post
    ^ There's a somewhat interesting story behind that new Porcupine Tree album. The three participating band members (Steve Wilson - vocals, guitar, bass, lots of other instruments; Richard Barbieri - keyboard; Gavin Harrison - drums) created the album "in complete secrecy" over the course of 11 years, avoiding any publicity until they were close to finished in late 2021. They may have decided to maintain secrecy to avoid pressure from fans, music critics, etc.
    That is very interesting! Thanks for sharing that. I wonder if Steven will continue with his solo work and if Gavin will also continue with Pineapple Thief?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Steven Wilson has already written and recorded his next solo album that will be released next year. It is titled "The Harmony Codex" and will be a concept album based on a short story he wrote. Porcupine Tree will not become a full time band again. They may work again in the future, but it will not become the main focus for Steven.

Porcupine Tree is my favorite band from the past 30 years, and it is good to see others here like them as well. I never thought the band would release another album, so it was a nice surprise when they announced the new album "Closure/Continuation".