Album: Fear Inoculum
    Big Fan!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Big Fan!!
    Me too! Dialed in right and cranked up it sounds like Danny's kit is in my living room!

New Tool single, Opiate˛!

I see that most recommended music is of the type porcupine tree, All them witches, Tool et al. I haven’t seen much classical music recommendations( symphonies, orchestral etc).

Is it the case that Ascends do the high energy music better��.?

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    I see that most recommended music is of the type porcupine tree, All them witches, Tool et al. I haven’t seen much classical music recommendations( symphonies, orchestral etc).

Not sure why you would draw that conclusion, it's just that fewer and fewer people listen to classical these days.

While not technically classified as "classical" - I have just come across this CD and it has become a daily listen for me. Exceptional!

https://www.amazon.com/music/player/albums/B084DDF5BZ

Also,

This has been my late night listening lately, if you like violinists:

https://www.amazon.com/Lark-Ascendin...dp/B00FNY1HDC/

"The Lark Ascending" is one of my all time favorite compositions and Tasmin Little's rendition of this classic piece is the best I have heard to date.
    Last edited by davef; 03-07-2022 at 11:13 PM.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Haw? Musical taste is subjective and very personal. Maybe it's the case that Ascend do all types of music "better" and classical orchestral music is boring for some people?

Exclamation Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

RSMT,

FWIW, the vast majority of my CD musical library is associated with Live Recorded ACOUSTICAL Music Genre (non-amplified) that sounds STUNNING with my Sierra-2EX Monitors!! After studying classical piano for 10 years, then obtaining an Instrumental Music Degree over the next 5 years, I performed on all of the String, Wind, Percussion, Keyboard instruments and with applied Vocal studies, I have an intimate auditory awareness of what LIVE Un-Amplified music sounds like!

Let me assure you, Ascend Acoustic Speakers "Does" Orchestral & Large Cathedral Choral Works, Pipe Organ, Small Wind Ensembles, Instrumentals, Solo Vocalist, A Capella Vocals, Live Nigh Club Jazz, R&B and Piano/S.Bass/Percussion Trios VERY WELL and with VERY REALISTIC Playback Performance!!!

BTW, they also perform Superbly with High Energy, Electronic, R&R and any other well-recorded Genres of Music!

Ted
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Looks like my post did not come out the way it was intended. I did NOT say that Sierras sound bad with every other music and sound good only with high energy music.

It was about 10 years back ( Man time flies fast and I am getting old fast..) when I got my towers with RAAL is the first time I came to know how a clean sounding speaker sounds like from top to bottom. Nothing is exaggerated and strings were extra special.

When I got mine I remember emailing Dave and appreciating him for coming out with neutral speakers ( for my ears)

Anyway I see folks on some forums like a particular type of sound and are more opiniated of audio equipment too ( tubes, amps, speaker cables). I tend to see these folks listening to classical, jazz etc more than pop, rock. This shows on their speaker appreciation threads where they post how good their newly acquired speakers sound with the music they listen to.

TLDR; Ignore my ignoramus blanket observation. Back to recommending good music that you love and like others to hear it too.

Looks like my post did not come out the way it was intended. I did NOT say that Sierras sound bad with every other music and sound good only with high energy music.

It was about 10 years back ( Man time flies fast and I am getting old fast..) when I got my towers with RAAL is the first time I came to know how a clean sounding speaker sounds like from top to bottom. Nothing is exaggerated and strings were extra special.

When I got mine I remember emailing Dave and appreciating him for coming out with neutral speakers ( for my ears)

Anyway I see folks on some forums like a particular type of sound and are more opiniated of audio equipment too ( tubes, amps, speaker cables). I tend to see these folks listening to classical, jazz etc more than pop, rock. This shows on their speaker appreciation threads where they post how good their newly acquired speakers sound with the music they listen to.

TLDR; Ignore my ignoramus blanket observation. Back to recommending good music that you love and like others to hear it too.
    Aw, shucks. I might maybe have jumped on your post before letting your observation sink in and misunderstood you.

I'm definitely a metalhead but I do appreciate all well composed music. Some of it just isn't my cup o' tea. I do also appreciate a good neutral speaker tho, even with a lot of my high energy music. TOOL can be very heavy but also very dynamic and melodic. They're unlike any other band I've heard with unique compositions with odd time signatures and polyrhythms. They're all very masterful musicians.

@theophile

Can you please post some of the music in the categories that you mentioned in your post please?🙏

All the more good if you have a Playlist on Spotify or qobuz.

I am talking about the below...

"Let me assure you, Ascend Acoustic Speakers "Does" Orchestral & Large Cathedral Choral Works, Pipe Organ, Small Wind Ensembles, Instrumentals, Solo Vocalist, A Capella Vocals, Live Nigh Club Jazz, R&B and Piano/S.Bass/Percussion Trios VERY WELL and with VERY REALISTIC Playback Performance!!! "

Thank you in advance