Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Exclamation Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

For smooth jazz aficionados, or any audiophile wanting to get blown away with deep 3d holographic sound-staging + superb musical talent, this 2017 "Scott Hamilton Trio" live recording in Vancouver is Very Special!

Ted

All About Jazz & Scott Hamilton Trio !
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petmotel View Post
    I performed a search of this thread and got no results for an artist I've been enjoying quite a bit lately. The Tord Gustavsen Trio's "Being There" is quite captivating. Recorded in Oslo, Norway, the recording quality is five stars, as is the composition of the music contained within. Well worth a listen!

Jay
    Wow - this is fantastic!!! This is too good for streaming so I just ordered the CD. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Wow - this is fantastic!!! This is too good for streaming so I just ordered the CD. Thanks for the recommendation.
    I liked that title enough I bought two more CDs from them "The Well" and "The Other Side" Both are also very good IMHO.

Great thread for trying new music, I've bought quite a few CDs based on what I've discovered here. Thanks to all whom have contributed!

I just heard a track from this album yesterday in a theater system I installed for someone. Not exactly my kind of music, but it is a very cool audio experience.

https://pureaudiorecordings.com/en/p...atmos-edition/

I have been listening to the library of this artist on Qobuz:

Nenad Vasilic

Check out "Bass Room" & "The Art of The Balkan Bass"
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

I'm currently enjoying A Bad Think-Lifelike in Atmos. Available in Atmos as a download! Mellow, interesting, folksy, progressive rock. https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/prod...flac-download/
    Nate

I first came across this jazz pianist on the AIX title "Order Of Distinction" tribute to Earnest Ranglin. Monty Alexander is the pianist on that album, I've since picked up a bunch of his work, never yet been disappointed. Was listening to his "Harlem-Kingston Express" volumes one and two this morning, excellent, make sure you have the sub turned on for these.

Jay
    Last edited by petmotel; 06-28-2021 at 08:50 AM. Reason: fixed album name

Anyone here heard of Andrew Bird? Try the "I Want to See Pulaski at Night" album. I'm not even sure what to call the style...sometimes almost like classical acoustic or soundtrack music. Pretty chill.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaSheep View Post
    Anyone here heard of Andrew Bird? Try the "I Want to See Pulaski at Night" album. I'm not even sure what to call the style...sometimes almost like classical acoustic or soundtrack music. Pretty chill.
    I have quite a few of his albums. I'd suggest "Mysterious Production of Eggs" and the "Break It Yourself-Deluxe DVD Edition"
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by natetg57 View Post
    I have quite a few of his albums. I'd suggest "Mysterious Production of Eggs" and the "Break It Yourself-Deluxe DVD Edition"
    Good to know, Nate. I will do a little more exploring of his stuff as I do like the one I mentioned.

Now changing gears a bit, everyone...what are a couple of albums that just frustrate you because you love the music but the quality is just not there or even bad?

I'll throw out 2: The Flaming Lips and The Paper Kites (someone needs to show these guys what the little red clipping light is). There are times I want to crank these two bands up but the cracks and the hisses just make me cringe. For the most part with the Lips it is intentional distortion, but then they have an SACD 5.1 version of The Soft Bulletin and it makes me scratch my head.
    - Dan