Page 58 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by white_darren View Post
    Yeah, I'm running a similar setup with Plex serving up music, videos and live/recorded OTA TV from my Synology NAS through FireTV.
    I didn't know Plex was available for FireTV. I will have to check it out.. I used it on my NAS and iPhone for a while, but ultimately stuck with the Synology app.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I'm curious what other folks use to run their music libraries that run in the thousands to tens of thousands of tunes and how they integrate it to stream in their homes (whether it's SONOS amp or HEOS or something else). I'd been using JRiver forever.

Going back to listen to some of my favorite 80's recordings, my ears are hurting from the horrible piercing treble in the masterings.

These days, I prefer to recommend studios/labels rather than individual recordings when it comes to sound quality as there are certain companies that are sticklers for doing everything right (right venue, right mic placement, right equipment, right mastering). I know that if I purchase a classical recording from BIS, I will get consistently stellar sound quality.
    Last edited by bkdc; 01-19-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    I'm curious what other folks use to run their music libraries that run in the thousands to tens of thousands of tunes and how they integrate it to stream in their homes (whether it's SONOS amp or HEOS or something else). I'd been using JRiver forever.
    I've used Sonos in the past, and I still have JRiver setup, but I am really liking Roon (i'm assuming you have read the few posts above yours). Roon can also handle multi-room integration.
    -curtis

A go-to audition track for me is Mariza's Por Ti from her "Fado Em Mim" album.

Just Mariza, a guitar, and a stand-up bass.

Amazing vocals, instrument separation, and dynamics. It goes from very soft/light to <wham>, with the bass slapping the strings and everything.

It would be common for folks listening in (other customers or store employees) to ask me what I was playing.

Enjoy! (I can't wait to enjoy on my new Towers!)

For any manufacturer, it is critically important to know what their customers are listening to!

For those of you that use Tidal, or need a reason to try it out, someone on Facebook posted this playlist to test out subwoofer. It isn't BOOM BOOM music, but a great playlist with some great music that happens to have some deep bass.

If you don't have Tidal, you can still click the link and see what is in the list.

http://tidal.com/playlist/79df3b7c-a...5-01d2817e6793
    -curtis

Try Superbass and Superbass 2 (with Ray Brown, Christian McBride, er al).Nice string bass.

I have been a fan of Jesse Cook for a very long time -- but, this guy is better. Plus nearly all of his music can be downloaded (in uncompressed .wav format) from his site for a "donation".

Truly an amazing guitarist. "The Song of the Golden Dragon" is my favorite

https://estastonne.com/
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Incredible street performance by Estas Tonne seen here on You Tube. I would gladly pay to see him in concert.

I love Jesse Cook.... seen him 3x's in the last few years in the Toronto area...my most memorable Cook show was at Massey Hall.

https://youtu.be/7gphiFVVtUI?t=10
    Last edited by billy p; 02-20-2018 at 05:01 PM. Reason: added link
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Quote Originally Posted by billy p View Post
    Incredible street performance by Estas Tonne seen here on You Tube. I would gladly pay to see him in concert.

I love Jesse Cook.... seen him 3x's in the last few years in the Toronto area...my most memorable Cook show was at Massey Hall.

https://youtu.be/7gphiFVVtUI?t=10
    Wow - imagine seeing that in person?
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com