Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Thumbs up Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

So many great suggestions in this thread...Thanks to all for sharing!

Didn't get to read through All 48 pgs., but thought I'd plug CHUCK LOEB - The Love Song Collection ...a superbly recorded CD! The S1 NrT's Really Shine on these elegant smooth jazz cuts!!

Will also be ordering TRACE BUNDY (Missile Bell), ERICK MONGRAIN (Equilibrium) and TSUYOSHI YAMAMOTO TRIO (Speak Low), all seem to be awesome easy listening superb recordings!!!

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 03-24-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

If you want to give your subwoofer some exercise try some Deadmau5. A little dance clubby but not a bad sound. Ok in short bursts!
    Ed

* Sierra-2EX's W/V2 crossover upgrade
    * (2) Rythmik F12's
    * Parasound Halo P6
    * Audio by Van Alstine DVA-M225 Monoblock Amps
    * MiniDSP 2x4HD For Sub calibration
    *World's Best Cables Canare 4S11 speaker cables

Cool Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by theophile View Post
    Will also be ordering TRACE BUNDY (Missile Bell), ERICK MONGRAIN (Equilibrium) and TSUYOSHI YAMAMOTO TRIO (Speak Low), all seem to be awesome easy listening superb recordings!!!

Ted
    Have lived with these new recommendations for the past week and in My Opinion:

Trace Bundy - Gorgeous acoustic guitar harmonics and textures, ever evolving arrangements and spins, all wrapped up in a wonderful recording-Very Nice Indeed!

Erick Mongrain - Not as engaging as Bundy, but a somewhat darker and steady flow of great acoustical streaming of musical genius.

Tsutoshi Tamamoto - Brilliant classical jazz trio in a small nicely recorded venue that displays extreme talent and deep emotional creativity-Superb musical listening!!

I Love music, but confess to owning too many (20 or so) "test CD's", but that's okay because they all use Superb Recorded Music as demonstration tools. My most recent and "the best" I have is simply a stalwart of 14 excellent recordings on Chesky Records respectively called, "The Ultimate Demonstration Disk". I like to hear what the best recordings in music has to offer, then proceed to making full disc purchases.

I was also recently introduced to an acoustical guitar virtuoso and so far, have 5 of his stunning celebrated CD's...All by Tommy Emmanuel! His emotional conviction and energy throughout ever song and genre he touches is spell bounding. What an amazing talent, would Love to see him Live in Concert but for now, the S1 NrT's transport him into my music room any time I'm ready!!!
    Sierra RAAL V2 Towers, Axiom EP 500 Sub, Morrow SP7 Grand Reference Speaker Cables, Phillips CD880 XLR Balanced Variable Line Output to Orchard Audio Strakrimson 375w/per ch Stereo Ultra GaNFET Amp..... (Dedicated 2.1 Acoustical Music Listening Room)!

Really enjoying this album. If you're a Pink Floyd fan, give it a listen. Amazing on the Sierra 2s.

ouro2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
    Really enjoying this album. If you're a Pink Floyd fan, give it a listen. Amazing on the Sierra 2s.

ouro2.jpg
    Thanks... just ordered this, big Ray LaMontagne fan
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs up Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by moris4wildlife View Post
    Hi. Did you ever try the Reference Recording of Kojian and the Utah Symphony's Berlioz Symphonie Fantastique?
    M4W,

Superb recording\performance of Berlioz's Symphonie Fantastique, Op. 14! Super clean with wide dynamics, excellent hall ambiance and an energerized, emotional performance...love it, thanks for the heads-up!

For those interested in Vocal oldies but goodies (okay, just 15 to 20 years ago) with Superb sound\recording qualities, Stunning arrangements and Fantastic backup groups that really shine in a 2.1 system...take a listen to their song list below:

*Tony Bennett, "Here's to the Ladies" !

*Natalie Cole, "Ask A Woman Who Knows" !

Ted
    Last edited by theophile; 04-19-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post

ouro2.jpg
    Thanks for the tip on this album. Downloaded it from HDTracks.com and it sounds amazing on RAAL Sierra Towers as well.

Thanks again,
    Jack

Just revisited Dave Matthews Band's "Crash" disc on my setup...so good with the Sierra-2's!
    -curtis

Dave Matthews has become a staple on my frequently played list.
    Any word on Sat price? If it's not to far from the Sierra 2's, I may go ahead and take advantage of the B stock sale.

Quote Originally Posted by loonytunes View Post
    Any word on Sat price? If it's not to far from the Sierra 2's, I may go ahead and take advantage of the B stock sale.
    Likely to be in the $1100 per pair range, plus shipping. However, this is not set as we must still finalize several items...
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com