Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    Oh my this is GOOD!!!! I'm listening on my Sierra 2's through tidal right now smiling.
    Agreed -- excellent!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by kyzersoze98 View Post
    Oh my this is GOOD!!!! I'm listening on my Sierra 2's through tidal right now smiling.
    Great recording, the ambience of the room really comes across, feels like your there
    MacMini > Audirvana > Musical Fidelity V Dac II >
    Emotiva XSP-1 > Emotiva XPA-2 > Sierra Tower NRT > Rythmik F12SE > My Ears >

I am not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I am right now experiencing Roger Waters' The Wall (2015 Blu-ray) encoded in Dolby Atmos. All I can say is... WOW! The sound is fantastic!

It is a hugely ambitious visual production, of course, but the audio is just brilliant. It makes full use of the ATMOS overheads and the LFE in a very engaging way.

Highly recommended, even if you are not a huge Pink Floyd fan.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianNLS View Post
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I am right now experiencing Roger Waters' The Wall (2015 Blu-ray) encoded in Dolby Atmos. All I can say is... WOW! The sound is fantastic!

It is a hugely ambitious visual production, of course, but the audio is just brilliant. It makes full use of the ATMOS overheads and the LFE in a very engaging way.

Big fan
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I've waffled about purchasing this since I have other versions of The Wall (I try to not purchase music that I already have). But your recommendation pushed me over the edge (or maybe over The Wall), especially the ATMOS and LFE comments. Thanks, I just ordered it.

Jack

As I'm slowly building a 5.2.4 Atmos system, I am SO looking forward to this- thank you very much!! (added bonus that I really love that album- how can you not? also love Division Bells)

yes, this is awesome. I had pre-ordered this and it was the best $20 spent on music in last few years.

Being a Porcupine Tree fan, I have been truly missing something / anything new from these guys for a while now. Hoping that one day they will regroup and put out some more great music.

In the meantime, I came across a band called Riverside and have truly been enjoying their music, reminds me a lot of PT. Just picked up this CD and it is excellent!

http://a.co/4DPcfEM
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I ran across Andy Sheppard (the guitarist, not the saxophonist) by accident the other day, and my wife and I have really been enjoying this album:

https://amzn.to/2LN32IV

Great use of harmonics

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Being a Porcupine Tree fan, I have been truly missing something / anything new from these guys for a while now. Hoping that one day they will regroup and put out some more great music.

In the meantime, I came across a band called Riverside and have truly been enjoying their music, reminds me a lot of PT. Just picked up this CD and it is excellent!

http://a.co/4DPcfEM
    I agree about Porcupine Tree, it's hard to fill that void, especially as much as I love music in surround. I've enjoyed this Riverside album:Love, Fear and the Time Machine - Hi-Res Stereo and 5.1 Surround Mix
    Last edited by natetg57; 08-01-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Nate