Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6768697071727374757677 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Steven Wilson has already written and recorded his next solo album that will be released next year. It is titled "The Harmony Codex" and will be a concept album based on a short story he wrote. Porcupine Tree will not become a full time band again. They may work again in the future, but it will not become the main focus for Steven.

Porcupine Tree is my favorite band from the past 30 years, and it is good to see others here like them as well. I never thought the band would release another album, so it was a nice surprise when they announced the new album "Closure/Continuation".
    Thank you for sharing this info. I definitely look forward to SW's new solo album (I have very much enjoyed all of his solo work)
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Awesome news...not sure if they have a blu-ray/multi-channel/hi-res version out...looking for music to test out my new Sierra Towers (just ordered, probably next week before getting shipping details). Watching for the remastered/"hi res"/multi-channel re-issue of Floyd's Animals that is supposedly in the works (highly recommend the "immersion" sets for DSOTM and WYWH).

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Highly recommended and just recently released. Porcupine Tree has a new album, "Closure / Continuation"

https://porcupinetree.tmstor.es/product/88580

For those not familiar with this progressive rock band, these are extremely talented musicians and demand from fans brought them back together, their last release was way back in 2009.
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

There is a Bluray disc of the new Porcupine Tree album. It is included as part of the deluxe edition release of the new album. It is not available as a stand-alone release. It has both a Dolby Atmos mix as well as a separate 5.1 mix. They are both great surround mixes, which is the norm for Steven Wilson's mixes.

There is a Bluray disc of the new Porcupine Tree album. It is included as part of the deluxe edition release of the new album. It is not available as a stand-alone release. It has both a Dolby Atmos mix as well as a separate 5.1 mix. They are both great surround mixes, which is the norm for Steven Wilson's mixes.
    Thanks dislocatedtedday, I have a couple of SW/Porcupine tree prior releases on blu-ray, they all sound good so I will seek this one out as well!
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

Quote Originally Posted by esnewtunemakers View Post
    Thanks dislocatedtedday, I have a couple of SW/Porcupine tree prior releases on blu-ray, they all sound good so I will seek this one out as well!
    Also, I see you mentioned Pink Floyd's 'Animals' surround mix. That one finally comes out next month on September 16 after being discussed and planned for several years.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No musical suggestions...but heading to concert tomorrow to see the "Chili-Peppers" very excited...going with our kids...last show we saw with kids where the Black Keys in a outdoor venue...here... it rained, got soaked but it was so much fun...Rogers centre tomorrow won't be an issue with rain in forecast...
    Speakers 5.1.2: TitanTowers v2 & STC(RAAL v2), MA CP-WT&CT260
    Sub: Funk Audio 18.0 SantosRW

Source: Denon X3800H, Oppo BDP 103D, UBK-90 4K & LG B9 65"
    Office 2.0: Philharmonic True Mini(coming-soon), Fosi TB10D via Wiim mini.

Also, I see you mentioned Pink Floyd's 'Animals' surround mix. That one finally comes out next month on September 16 after being discussed and planned for several years.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I wasn't aware of this. Animals is likely the album I have listened to, start to finish, more than any other album. Just ordered the Blu-ray - thanks for sharing this!!!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

I don’t usually do this sort of thing, but I came across a song I’d like to share. It’s called ‘Dosti’, a powerful song from the Indian film RRR. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by High Fidelity View Post
    I don’t usually do this sort of thing, but I came across a song I’d like to share. It’s called ‘Dosti’, a powerful song from the Indian film RRR. Enjoy!
    Thank you for this, this is a terrific song to demo speakers!

I have a new go to track for absolutely punishing deep bass, plus I am a fan of the artist.

Fink's new single "Four Books"

Check it out but be careful
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Default Re: My recommendation

Thanks Jim, I like their sound!