Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Default Re: Ascend Acoustics Official Music Recommendation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rsmt2000 View Post
    Shangri-la by Mark Knopfler

http://https://www.amazon.com/s?k=shangri+la+mark+knopfler&crid=3TM7IR9NXOJR8&sp refix=Shangri+la+ma%2Caps%2C171&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_1 3

May not be everyone’s choice of music but the vocals sound amazing on the towers as if the stage is live and being played in my listening room.
    This is a terrific CD, everything by Mark Knopfler is fantastic. Be sure to check out Sailing to Philadelphia.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Totally agree...and don't miss the synergistic collaboration of Mark K with Emmy Lou Harris on "All the Roadrunning", it's a really good combination of the two voices and musicianship.
    Sierra Towers w/RAAL as L/R, Horizon w/RAAL as center, Sierra 2's w/RAAL as L/R surround, Marantz AVR7705, D-Sonic M3a-2800, Oppo BDP-105D, Panasonic UB820

I'm hesitant to recommend this because it certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea. Maybe only a few of you (you know who you are). But...

Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due <---This is one song.

The song is fast and aggressive, like a roller coaster at a theme park. It's got speed, crunch, very talented guitar playing. It's a classic. Be careful though. Are you sure you want to do this? This is your final warning...

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyfive View Post
    I'm hesitant to recommend this because it certainly won't be everyone's cup of tea. Maybe only a few of you (you know who you are). But...

Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due <---This is one song.

The song is fast and aggressive, like a roller coaster at a theme park. It's got speed, crunch, very talented guitar playing. It's a classic. Be careful though. Are you sure you want to do this? This is your final warning...
    Great song -- and band. I picked up their Warheads on Foreheads box set on 180 gram vinyl a few months ago.

You did the right thing.

Not so much a music recommendation, but a product recommendation if you have a recent Denon or Marantz AVR.

68 Denon and Marantz products now support Roon.
    http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...antz-products/

You can also try Roon for 60 days. I highly recommend it. All kinds of data/info available on your music, and able to sort/search so many different ways, as well as learn about new music.
    Last edited by curtis; 03-24-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    -curtis

So being in CA and the "social distancing/stay at home" order, like most you, I am sure you have been listening to your Ascends a lot more.
    Today, I discovered Qobuz has "Hi-Fi Audio Partners" section in the Playlists.

So I have been blasting this list:
    https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2877289

It sounds great! With my front door open, it is loud enough so whoever is walking by can get a taste/listen.

Just killing some boredom.
    -curtis

Nice list!! Don't take this the wrong way, but when I looked at that list it made me look up your profile. I didn't know how old you are (you're not old), but the song selection now makes sense to me! lol I'm 39.

I've been listening to the ol' Sierra 2EX's. They're dead 2exy!!!

I listened to this song by Crazy Lixx - "girls of the 80s" (yeah yeah I know I know)... MAN, that drum beat on the 2EX. I can't get enough of that impact! WHOP!! WHOP!! WHOP!!

These speakers don't seem like they should be able to do that, but they do. And, I'm just listening at normal levels. Not loudly. Just so satisfying. I got goosebumps and started laughing spontaneously. I better stop before ya'll figure out how crazy I am.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    Not so much a music recommendation, but a product recommendation if you have a recent Denon or Marantz AVR.

68 Denon and Marantz products now support Roon.
    http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...antz-products/
    Hi, Curtis. What does this mean to you? I haven't been able to find any real, new capabilities in any Denons related to this. It seems to be the same (limited) AirPlay interface they have had for a long time. Have you found more?

Quote Originally Posted by jimb View Post
    Hi, Curtis. What does this mean to you? I haven't been able to find any real, new capabilities in any Denons related to this. It seems to be the same (limited) AirPlay interface they have had for a long time. Have you found more?
    Hi Jim,
    You are right. It is just AirPlay, but has been tested by Roon.
    -curtis