Thread: Speaker grills

Default Speaker grills

I plan on replacing the grills on the 200SE's I have on order. Will the existing black peal off easily? If not, is placing cloth over the existing a bad idea? What I will be using is a very open weave acoustical fabric (Mellotone DF6003).

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    I plan on replacing the grills on the 200SE's I have on order. Will the existing black peal off easily? If not, is placing cloth over the existing a bad idea? What I will be using is a very open weave acoustical fabric (Mellotone DF6003).
    You should call Ascend on this one. I have not read of anyone replacing the cloth on any Ascend.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    You should call Ascend on this one. I have not read of anyone replacing the cloth on any Ascend.
    agreed... if you don't mind me asking, why do you want to replace the grill, anyways?
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Dave says the black will peal off and new cloth can easily be added. I want "lighter" color speakers and cloth (wife issues). I didn't want to wait for a custom color. I'll paint the boxes and add a lighter cloth (that's if I get "wowed" once I receive them). DF6003 on this page is what I have on order: http://www.wendellfabrics.com/mellotone/flame.html