Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some new hi-rez titles....

Bighitter, what DVD-As do you have?

Linkin Park - Re-animation
    Doors - LA Woman
    Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

Just picked up a Peter Gabriel SACD at lunch. I forgot the title, but it has Solsbury hill, Sledgehammer, etc., all remastered. Some sort of compilation disc. Has anyone heard this disc? Also, Curtis, I have not really hooked up the 563a yet(gotta find time), is there any setup tips for SACD playback not mentioned in the manual?

Thanks,

MAG

Yeah...it is defaulted to play SACD in two-channel mode....you have to read the manual and get it into multichannel. I thought my was broken until I read the manual.

-curtis

Curtis-

I have an interesting DVD-Audio disc called 'Crash Boom Bang'.

Really a fun one with the kids. It is a disc that contains all of the sound effects from the Warner Brother Looney Tunes cartoons. It also has a few funny little adds in 5.1. But the best part is to listen with the kids to an audio only version of 'Duck Dodgers'.

Dave Nelms

Cool! We watch Duck Dodgers!

-curtis

Uuhhh....heh heh...he said "Dodgers"! I digress...Curtis, I noticed the SACD says stereo on the case, if I set output of player to multi-channel will that mess anything up playback-wise?

Thanks,

MAG

Some SACD's are only 2-channel. If the player is set to multi-channel, the 2-channel discs will still play fine.

-curtis

Hey Curtis-

I was looking at another unnamed home theater forum (opps, I guess I just named it) anyway, and someone sugested listening to Emmerson Lake and Palmer's DVD-A of Brain Salad Surgery for some good bass in one of the songs.

I always loved the album but thought the DVD-a mix was just a little too surround. Perhaps i should use this for some critical listening.

Dave Nelms

Saw the Blue Man Groups new concert on Direct Tv the other night. Unable to view it in my theater room so I could not comment on the audio. However, I checked thier web site and the new DVD will have 3 songs from thier new album which will be mastered in 5.1.

It should be really good. there was no word on if the concert is recorded in 5.1 but I cannot imagine it not being done that way but worse things have happened.

Dave Nelms