Thread: www.av123.com ERT add-on

Default www.av123.com ERT add-on

Hi guys. I haven't posted in ages... just found a new toy to play around with with the Ascends (potentially). Has anyone tried this?

http://www.av123.com/products_produc...s&product=77.1

I am curious how it might work with Ascends. I am also curious whether anyone has had any success purchasing 3 of these... I would like to go LCR if I get them at all.

Anyone?

--TDA

You'd be better off spending that money moving up to Sierras. The Sierra's tweeter goes up to 44kHz. http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/pro...srm1specs.html

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    You'd be better off spending that money moving up to Sierras. The Sierra's tweeter goes up to 44kHz. http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/pro...srm1specs.html
    According to the specs, it only goes to 22k at (+/- 3DB).

To, the OP, different people have different opinions abut ERT. There was a thread regarding this on av123 forum. You might want to check that thread.

Default Sierras

I'd consider upgrading, but I have 7 original ascends and there is basically no market for them since the SE's and Sierra's came out. The performance difference between the SE's and the originals isn't worth an upgrade and I can't get enough for the originals to even come close to the Sierras. The ERT is simply the best option.

As noted above, the Sierra's go to 22k, whereas the ERT hits 44-45k... which while inaudible is arguably sensible.

--TDA
    Last edited by boxand1; 11-28-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Hi boxand1
    I at one time awhile ago used a set-up with my large Advents plus add on 3 tweeter array, per speaker,and enjoyed it alot. The original Advent tweeter while sounding very good was prone to blowing out at high volume listening.The add on tweeter was just the perfect solution It really opened up the top end. I'd say the top end was enhanced in every way.

My only concern with the ERT is the price. Seems awfully expensive and possibly a bit over designed.
    If I may suggest do some searching and see what other choices may also be available to you.

At $349 a pair, I think it would be better to buy SE's at $368/pr.

The SE's offer improvement all the way around. The ERT's, at most, will only offer more "air" if anything at all.
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    At $349 a pair, I think it would be better to buy SE's at $368/pr.

The SE's offer improvement all the way around. The ERT's, at most, will only offer more "air" if anything at all.
    Yep, that's good suggestion Curtis. I would also consider upgrading just L/R to Sierra's rather than upgrading to ERT. CHeck for B stock Sierra with Ascend if budget is tight. ( I have B stock too and could not tell what the cosmetic flaws are).