Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sierra-1 Stock Status

Hi Dave, can you go into any more details about the difference in the cabinets from the old to the new? The only thing I can image would be reducing the "imperfect seems" at the edges of the bamboo. My piano black Sierras are nearly flawless except for a few, very faint scratches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike^S View Post
    Hi Dave, can you go into any more details about the difference in the cabinets from the old to the new? The only thing I can image would be reducing the "imperfect seems" at the edges of the bamboo. My piano black Sierras are nearly flawless except for a few, very faint scratches.
    Hi Mike,

With regard to what you referred to as "imperfect seems" -- I am assuming you are referring to the comment in the Audioholics Review? I can't recall a single comment in regards to the joints / seams, other than what was mentioned in that review.

Imperfect seams at the edges of the naturals are a consequence of using natural wood. It is an impossibility to precisely match the grain of one sheet of bamboo with another at the joints. This is natural wood in its purest form Personally, I love the minor differences in grain and hue -- every cabinet is different, every cabinet is unique. The joinery quality of these cabinets is second to none but matching the grain and hue of one sheet of natural wood to another would be a practical impossibility. We *might* be able to come up with one absolutely perfect cabinet, while tossing out several tons of bamboo paneling. Ready to pay $40K for a single pair of Sierra-1 naturals? (kidding of course)

Seriously though, we do have our cabinet manufacturer pick out the best of the best and these become the naturals. The other cabinets that aren't matched as well or have hues that are too light or too dark become piano black.

What this new vendor offers is more consistent finish quality. As I mentioned, we had to refinish nearly all of the Sierra-1 cabinets in order to remove scratches and finish imperfections (smudge, glue, too much or too little lacquer etc.). We could not possibly absorb the tremendous expense of refinishing the cabinets once again so I was not willing to take the chance, thus we went with another more capable cabinet manufacturer.

There are no physical / mechanical differences between the cabinets from one vendor to another, just better overall finish quality and more consistency.

Take care!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Only if you wanted to receive loaners The loaner program will officially end on Jan 2.

Yes -- we will cover the costs of return shipping for the loaners. We are about to close shop in the next 5 minutes, if you want to call it in now. Otherwise, feel free to order online or give us a call tomorrow.
    Hi Dave, I just sent in the order over the web site Cant wait to get these baby's in my hand. Wish I would have done it sooner as I go back to work on Jan 2. I just had to do alot of research.

I've personally worked with Bamboo(did a dining room floor, and steps up and down), and while it's a gorgeous product, it IS a STRANDED product, and is a bit more difficult to work with than wood....

There is no doubt about that.

I didn't have to Radius any of my cuts, Radius a cut, and join 3 other non-radiused cuts perfectly must be a nightmare with the grain involved.

I have Natural Sierras, and they look absolutely GORGEOUS, and EVERYONE that sees them has asked me about them, including my INCREDIBLY neat and perfect buddy that is the nuttiest Corvette owner I know(great guy- just a nut)..

He studied mine, and told me that they were outstanding looking....

When I told him the cost, he almost fell over, and stated that when he was going to upgrade, he was gonna look into the Sierras(or whatever Dave has next in line- HIS words), because he was so impressed with the fit, finish, and sound of my Sierras.

Does anyone know the current stock status of the Sierra 1 (as well as the Sierra 1 Center)?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak919 View Post
    Does anyone know the current stock status of the Sierra 1 (as well as the Sierra 1 Center)?
    I'm Currently still waiting on mine, but I think Dave said they would start shipping again on the 18th possibly sooner if we are lucky

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak919 View Post
    I am very pleased to mention that our out-of-stock parts arrived this afternoon. The cabinets look great! Production resumes early tomorrow morning and for the next 2 weeks, all we will be doing is building, testing and shipping Sierra-1.

I know it has been a long wait and I can't thank you enough It will take us 1-2 weeks to get fully caught up but orders will start shipping as soon as tomorrow.

Thank you!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Oh yea!

Default Sierra-1 x Seven = ???

Answer: A Million-billion thanks to Ascend Acoustics!

Just took delivery of these fine examples of art. Will post pics when we get to move back home once flood reconstruction has been completed! Can't wait to hear them!

-Ron
    Last edited by Mia & Lana's dad; 01-18-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia & Lana's dad View Post
    Answer: A Million-billion thanks to Ascend Acoustics!

Just took delivery of these fine examples of art. Will post pics when we get to move back home once flood reconstruction has been completed! Can't wait to hear them!

-Ron
    I cry foul!!! You get 7, I get none! Dave, fix this for me.