Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sundays listening session at curtis

Quote Originally Posted by rosa View Post
    size does not matter to her...i mean the speakers...hehe...she does not understand why perfectly good speakers, to her ears anyway need to be replaced

They don't. She's a smart woman. The 340SE's are great speakers, and much more efficient than the Sierras, which is important to people like me, who like their music LOUD. AC/DC, Iron Maiden and FooFighters cannot be played quietly and be done justice.
    Last edited by S_rangeBrew; 10-18-2007 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BradJudy View Post
    Want another fantastic recording? I picked up a copy of this at the RMAF after listening to a live performance by the quartet at the show. Great stuff if you like strings.

http://www.isomike.com/fsq_haydn.html
    The disc arrived today. My son and I listenned for a few minutes...excellent stuff. My son even decided to get up and go practice his viola...I was in shock.
    -curtis

That made me chuckle

(I went and ordered the disc too...dang you guys and your peer pressure)
    Jon O.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis View Post
    The disc arrived today. My son and I listenned for a few minutes...excellent stuff. My son even decided to get up and go practice his viola...I was in shock.
    That's cool Curtis. The other neat thing about the IsoMike recordings is that the proceeds go to the college that Ray Kimber records at (in the case of the marching band ones, it is split between the high school and the college).

Hi Brad,

Still can't get the CD's to play. I am going to try and burn them on my PC this evening (my PC reads them but my CD players at home don't).

I am listening to Lilit Pipoyan now --- good stuff. Very mellow and relaxing.
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Wait until you hear them on your speakers!
    -curtis

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Brad,

Still can't get the CD's to play. I am going to try and burn them on my PC this evening (my PC reads them but my CD players at home don't).

You need a new CD player - both types of media play in everything I have here (two DVD players, one CD player, car CD player, both computers) I also used the last media for my demo CD at RMAF. What media do you use that works in your player?

I'll have to try out some MAM-A gold media - more than $1 each for CDs, but it's supposed to be quite good for both readability and longevity. Of course, that's still a bargain from the first data CDs I burned. Media was $12-15 each and the process was much less reliable, so one in three or four was a coaster.

I'm glad you like Lilit - sometimes I feel song in another language is more relaxing because my brain can't latch onto the words and think about them.

Quote Originally Posted by davef View Post
    Hi Brad,

Stick to Mindcrime Dave.

It ALWAYS works!!

Nice work guys, I was interested in hearing these views, and I expected the Sierra(especially) and 340 SE to do well.