Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: An important discussion / evaluation on recent blind shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by wesley63 View Post
    ...still saving money and fighting the uphill battle of convincing the wife that new speakers are the number one priority in our lives right now...
    Yeah, good luck with that. Be sure to post the magic solution that convinces her of that! Probably something shiny and much more expensive than a pair of Sierras!

J.

Quote Originally Posted by chas View Post
    Ok now let's move on to something fun...like:
    Agreed... For those interested, read this thread. http://forum.ascendacoustics.com/showthread.php?t=1674
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Thumbs down

Shi.tttttttt, sorry Dave, I read your first post(haven't even bothered reading further yet).. and it hit me..

DOH!!

First off, I am NOT an electronics engineer, BUT I do understand impedance, and impedance isn't just resistance( as in the term "OHMS"), it is a combination of Capacitance and Inductance...

I saw they mentioned a "switcher', I never even thought it was just a VERY basic Resistance switching unit....

Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!

I should have asked questions, I never even thought to........ that's what happens when your away from electronics for awhile.

I should have said something Dave, I just never even thought to do so ( I've been EXTREMELY busy)..

Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh, I feel like an idiot.....

BTW- Unless Craig is secretly into Electronics, or was TOLD of this, he wouldn't know this.

Gary

I just caught up on this thread today = I had some more thoughts, but I'll keep most of them to myself. They were mostly about tempering my post earlier and saying a full "retraction" or deletion is not what I really meant was necessary. Poor word choice And, I think nothing ill of craig, and thought he was doing a wonderful thing hosting that event. Indeed, I wish I could have been there.

Just from catching up here, it sounds like this exploded. It's too bad people can't relax and get a grip. Oh well. I don't even want to see what BS is flying around on less...level-headed forums. So, I probably won't even bother. I'm going to go listen to some music and play wii.

One last thing, and this is the most important on my mind:

Dave, take care of your personal life first. That's most important.

Have a good night fellas. I'll raise a glass to those with level-heads and a drop of reason tonight, with a nod to Dave. You, sir, keep your cool like a pro. Impressive.

PS: Bikeman, I tried to shoot you a PM with no luck.
    Jon O.

In all seriousness, time and effort aside, has Craig ever been able to conduct one legitimate comparison test? I think he would be less prone to this kind of thing if he asked for help from fellow enthusiasts in the setup/measuring department.

This multi-quote feature of the new forum software is great!

Quote Originally Posted by daman View Post
    Hi Dave, I read all the results of the blind test while they were being posted. I still ordered a 340 center because I liked what I heard out of the 170's I purchased a while back. It should be here Tuesday, I can't wait LOL. They can post all the blind test they want I'm sold on your product. IMO one of the biggest bargains in audio!
    Thanks Daman! Hope you enjoy the center!

Quote Originally Posted by buddhadas View Post
    Just a small note to let you know that my Sierra's sound fantastic in my McIntosh two channel rig. A huge Thank You!!
    Thanks Jim! Hope all is well with you and yours

Quote Originally Posted by muzz View Post
    First off, I am NOT an electronics engineer, BUT I do understand impedance, and impedance isn't just resistance( as in the term "OHMS"), it is a combination of Capacitance and Inductance...

I saw they mentioned a "switcher', I never even thought it was just a VERY basic Resistance switching unit....

Arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!!!

I should have asked questions, I never even thought to........ that's what happens when your away from electronics for awhile.

I should have said something Dave, I just never even thought to do so ( I've been EXTREMELY busy)..
    Hey Gary -- Don't worry about it. Few people understand these things, even when presented with the facts (and the math)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyozero3 View Post
    Dave, take care of your personal life first. That's most important.
    I couldn't agree more.. Thanks Jon!
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com