Thread: sierra's speaker gague

Default sierra's speaker gague

I can't find any imformation on about what gauge of speaker cable should we use on the Sierra's I'm using 16g this is what I used on my 340's ? I would like to know if 16g is good enough along with my pioneer elite tx45 ? or should I buy something larger like 12 or 10 gauge

Hey Tank, This is from Blue Jeans Cable where I get all my cables. I'm using their Belden 12G. with my Sierra's. About $0.38 a foot.

"While one can spend thousands of dollars on exotic speaker cable, in the end analysis, it's the sheer conductivity of the cable, and (barring a really odd design, which may introduce various undesirable effects) little else that matters. The answer to keeping conductivity high is simple: the larger the wire, the lower the resistance, and the higher the conductivity. We offer a few alternatives in large-gauge speaker cable, either raw or terminated, as follows:"

how long are your runs? that's really the determining factor for guage. as long as you don't have excessively long runs, 16 guage ought to be just fine (for reasonable length runs, bigger guage doesn't "buy" you anything)... if you want to use something bigger, you can, but keep in mind that unless you terminate them with bananas or spades, larger wire can be a REAL pita to connect on your receiver (especially those with tightly packed binding posts)...

bluejeans makes quality cables, and also sells quality wire with no bs or psychoacoustics involved... i've got bunches of interconnects from them...