Brandon,

As much as I hate to give wishy washy reviews, it's almost impossible for me to provide any comment on whether they'll be more suitable for you than your Yammies. I personally find Yammies to be a bit on the bright side and very "concert like." Again, that may very well not be your experience with them. Why not give the Emos a try in your own home and if you don't like them, you're only out of shipping cost? Atleast that way, you won't be bugged with the "what if" syndrome. (one of the main reasons I went for it myself)

I'm looking on the Emotiva site and it seems like they're out of stock on almost everything. Not sure if this means they're waiting for the second generations to come out or there will still be 1st generations. We were told anyone that bought into the first generations will get a 40% discount on future upgrades. I will be upgrading to the DMC-2 when it's available. So it really made sense for me just from the savings perspective.

Was I blown away at an enormous difference when replacing the HK with the Emos? Probably not. The HK AVR-645 are very good receivers in their own right. Do I think the Emos are worth the price? Absolutely. I have yet heard any negative comments in sound when having people over. Though it is quite frustrating that my LMC-1 gets stuck in AC-3 mode when watching DVD's (along with other bugs in which you can read about on forums), I'm not sure if you can do much better performance/value wise.

Blake