Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: trigger happy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Actually it's hectic1...but who's asking anyway...I'm not quite sure how I "flamed" you though...I simply asked if you had experience in measuring speakers. You thought it would be funny to post some "hilarious" response to egg on someone that obviously has no idea what they are talking about to elicit a response...well I gave you one<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    No you have no idea what you're talking about. I assumed an average level of intelligence here, but that clearly was not applicable to you. My point was, my Ascends sounded wonderful right out of the box. No alignment with the planets was necessary. Oh sure, i had some issues with my receiver, and some rear speaker mounts, but that had nothing to do with the Ascends. An indirect conclusion both Jake and I came to from MLS's response in that other thread was, that's not necessarily the case with the RS750s. I'm sorry on your behalf you obviously missed the point, and the humor.

And I dont give a rats ass what your name is, evidenced by my mispelling it.

To the mods: Heretic got two shots at me now. That's my only and final one.

bradjudy/curtis,

You guys have been respectful from beginning to end, no problem there. Probably the thing I find most enjoyable on forums is the ability to debate with such large #'s of like-minded people. Naturally, there's some heat that goes with them from time to time. AVS Inc/av123 seems to be taking a rather laid back approach to it (they'll close a thread, but it takes a lot), you guys, including David, wanna keep it quite a bit tighter. I prefer the former. No harm, no foul. Not every messageboard is for everyone.

David, I dont think a competition, in any form, necessitates a wedge between you, MLS, and/or whomever else. I tend to suscribe to your former explanation a week or so back, which explained that your relationship and/or coexistences are mutually beneficial. I truly believe that, per your detailed explanation to that effect (which i'll not repost). I sort of envisied you two guys laughing about this at a bar somewhere thinking how great business is per you guys wonderful products; 100s of folks fighting over which of your speakers they'll buy. It ends in one of your speakers being purchased! And hey - I dont blame them! I'm a believer!

I guess some might be turned off by an associated, aggressive messageboard. I just wanted the best speaker for the money though :-).

But for the record, getting flamed doesnt bother me. I certainly ask for it at times. But not being able to respond? Now, THAT does.

Azanon

Azanon - Locks fall where they fall, otherwise threads would just keep spiraling as everyone got in their 'last words'. Someone is always going to get in before it and others won't. If you feel the need for more words after a lock, I think it's best to take it offline into PMs or e-mails. A lock demonstrates that a moderator doesn't want the conversation to continue and you said you respected that in your openning post of this thread. I appreciate that even though I'm not a moderator.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">If you feel the need for more words after a lock, I think it's best to take it offline into PMs or e-mails<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I realize its luck of the draw, my main complaint was the "early trigger" (see the title). To your second comment, you do recognize the inadequacy of a public shot see by all, merely countered with a private email right? Not exactly fair.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by azanon

[quote]
    No you have no idea what you're talking about. I assumed an average level of intelligence here, but that clearly was not applicable to you. My point was, my Ascends sounded wonderful right out of the box. No alignment with the planets was necessary. Oh sure, i had some issues with my receiver, and some rear speaker mounts, but that had nothing to do with the Ascends. An indirect conclusion both Jake and I came to from MLS's response in that other thread was, that's not necessarily the case with the RS750s. I'm sorry on your behalf you obviously missed the point, and the humor.

And I dont give a rats ass what your name is, evidenced by my mispelling it.

To the mods: Heretic got two shots at me now. That's my only and final one.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

azanon, I'm not quite sure what your issue is as I haven't taken any "shots" at you here. Why don't you take a moment and go back and read my post again...Look at who is the one personally attacking people around here. I evidentally have no idea what I'm talking about huh? I'll ask you again, do you have experience measuring speakers? Do you have experience with Rockets? I feel that most speaker will sound better after break in and proper positioning...would you agree? I have NEVER had an issue getting my Rockets dialed in...Have you and Jake also come to the conclusion that Ascend speakers would never need to be positioned properly to sound good? HHMM, you admitt that you were making fun of Rockets?

Evidenally you don't care what my name is as you have no respect for people.

To the mods, azanon has taken 2 shots at me!!![:X]

That was my first response to you hectic. My original posts were regarding MLS's post. If you made a similar post, i was completely unaware.

hectic, you've taken this so far offbase, i'm not going to continue. Again, jake and i were just poking fun at all the apparent adjustments that are needed for a fair rs750 comparison. The reviewer didnt do anything special to the 170s either, but they "won". I'm not suggesting modifications/adjustments arn't helpful for the 170s too. But what I am saying is, cbm170s sound superb right out of the box. That's it. Nothing more.

It was intended as a joke, and definitely was not targeted at you,..... not the post in the other thread anyway. Sorry if it offended you dude, but you clearly attacked me twice prior to me responding to you once. Re your name: You brought that on by pettily correcting me. Ask and ye shall receive, dude.

Lets quit this, eh hectic?

azanon, whether I made the post or MLS made the post shouldn't matter. The simple fact is that ALL speaker will benefit from proper placement...

I have no doubts that Ascends are superb right out of the box and you have never seen me say that they aren't. I understand that Ascends, Rockets, Klipsch, etc all will have a different sound and there is no "perfect" sound for everyone. I was simply posting here to give you guys all the information as I was the person that Mike was working with on getting both the ROCKETS and ASCEND speakers dialed in.

I'm cool with you as all I want at the end of the day is for Mike to find the right speaker for him whether that be Ascend, Rocket, or whatever...[8D]

Have a good night...

respectfully,

Bob

Maybe it is time to re-post this post I made a month ago on another thread about a review on audioreview-

1/10/04
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Quinn

While, Mad Dog's fevor towards all things Onix/Rockets has IMO increased. I really doubt he would do such a thing. He frequently posts that the Ascend 170s are a great value. Now as for someone cutting and pasting from one of his posts is quite possible.

Your feelings toward Mad Dog reminds me of some emails Curtis and I traded right before Smokey with Curtis' assistance got this forum on-line. Those e-mails were how to keep this place and our posts on other boards helpful and informative regarding Ascend w/o creating any backlash like the Rockets' crowds have done a number of times.

If you were reading AVSforum previous to about six months ago you likely saw how much time MLS of AV123 spent defending positions that Rocket-heads had put him in. Also, the number of threads locked down because of the firestorm that occurred anytime a poster questioned a Rockets product or MLS was pretty high. I personally think the av123 forum came about because it was easier for MLS to give the Rocket/Onix/Perpetual Technologies fans a place to post and pat each on the back w/o causing an uproar on one the boards, then it was for him to spend so much time defending himself and his products on other boards. Again, these were positions that Rocket fans had managed to put him in not anything he'd done himself. Avsforum was the second home of the Rocketeers. I believe they,the rocket crowd, settled in there after getting tired of the hostilities at Harmonic Discord after much of the same stuff.

It was not all their fault but how you respond to trolls, and there were many, effects perception of the company in addition to the poster.

And now I can't stand to go on av123 community and only do so to checkout a post referenced from another board. I still have a negative view of the Rocketeers to this day and am so sick of them I'll likely never buy an av123 product. BTW-- I do recommend the ELT to those whose parameters it fits. I can also vouch for the great CS at av123 as I bought speaker cable from there before I got sick of it all.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The main point is how you respond to trolls(and those with a different opinion)has an effect on how people perceive the product and company as well as how they perceive the poster.

I guess I need to look at myself because I don't always walk the walk about this.

Bob,

I'm probably too lazy to go back and look at MLS's first response to "santaeruza". But just going on recollection, i recalled it being much more than just placement issues; it was a bunch of complicated stuff, at least for layfolks like me, as well as some expensive equipment that was needed. Just FYI, my Ascends came with a very basic guidebook that included proper spacing, proper height, and suggested toeing. I did that stuff, and i'm sure santa did that with the rs750s as well.

So i'm admitting to you what you're saying; I'm not an expert when it comes to complicated audio adjustments. As a consumer that just wants great, affordable speakers, i needed a super product that would function as it was intended with just basic, anyone-can-do-it, adjustments. That's all my 170s got. Thanks to clutchbrake, they were balanced by an SPL meter as well. Certainly appreciated, but the 170s sounded great before the SPL meter too. My sub benefited the most from the SPL meter anyway, not the 170s.

Bradley

Heredity57...settle down. You made the first jab at azanon...go back and read it. There's no question.

Also, Azanon's and my posts do NOT blatantly bash the Rockets. They are taking a humorous stance at what we've observed on the Rocket Forum.

Why the big reaction? Because the posts have a lot of truth in them.
    The truth hurts doesn't it?

I mean c'mon...selling a $1500 "tuning" software for a speaker that only costs $1400? Who the heck in their right mind would buy that? I can see if the speakers costs $40,000 that maybe it would justify the costs, but $100 more than the speakers?
    Another thing...SPEAKER STANDS...FOR TOWERS. Hullo? Made by the manufacturer no doubt.
    All these little side items being sold for the 750 can only mean one thing...even av123 knows the sound is lacking...bigtime.

I thought our posts were pretty funny. Even the church of AV123 followers must have found some humor in it.

Heredity234...go and read the "muffled 750" post on the av123 forum. You'll see some of the crazy suggestions I was getting at in my post.