Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: trigger happy

I thought it was funny. Relax everyone this is the interrant, nobody needs to take their ball and go home. I am about to order some Ascends...where can I get the cable forged in Mt. Doom? I gotta have that!

I respect that Curtis shut it down. Why should we have to put up with Rockteer behavior here that has bought at least one forum to lock down all speaker threads. Brad gave two cool it warnings that were ignored including both sides the first time.

I was speaking in general terms, not really targetting anyone. Then Heretic goes and flames me, the flame gets to stand, and I get no rebuttal? I think not. Bye!

It's just that why lock a thread? (Not just here, anywhere) I can see REMOVING a thread if it is that offensive to people but to lock it? It's still there is it not? But I don't really know what I am talking about...haven't for years.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by azanon

I was speaking in general terms, not really targetting anyone. Then Heretic goes and flames me, the flame gets to stand, and I get no rebuttal? I think not. Bye!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually it's hectic1...but who's asking anyway...I'm not quite sure how I "flamed" you though...I simply asked if you had experience in measuring speakers. You thought it would be funny to post some "hilarious" response to egg on someone that obviously has no idea what they are talking about to elicit a response...well I gave you one.[)]

Like Rodney K. said, "can't we all just get along?".

Bradley,

While I normally greatly appreciate humor (if you met me you'd know), there's a time and place for it and humurous mocking of another company when tensions are a bit high and there is already discussion of 'bashing' probably isn't the best time. That said, I think locking has more to do with the fact that not all of the comments in the thread seemed to be good natured and certainly weren't seen as good natured.

I wouldn't want to see you go and I hope you can see my point of view. We've certainly had lots of great discussion on this forum and I hope to see a lot more.

As for 'why lock?', it's an online forum method of behavior modification - no two ways about it. It isn't about removing offensive statements, but about slapping people on the wrist when things get out of hand. Of course I didn't lock it, so you'd have to ask curtis about his exact reason.

Thanks for the lead in Brad.

I locked it for that very reason....there is no need to mock the other companies methods. We may not agree with them and we can certainly discuss them with out mocking. A good natured discussion is much more appropriate.

With good discussions we may be able to learn more, and ask more questions.

Perhaps a warning or two from me would have been more appropriate, but I was busy doing my departmental budget, and ofcourse trying to read the posts on both threads. I am hoping my budget does not get kicked back to me.

Brad, thanks for trying to keep order.

If you guys want to keep questioning me, go right ahead, I do not have much to do tonight.

-curtis

It's been quite some time since I've had much time to devote to our audio hobby ( since college and now I'm 44). My business has kept me away from many hobbies unfortunately. With a desire to find a high quality and affordable system I went to the internet to find as much info as possible. While I don't approve of outright bashing of ones personal tastes in audio I did enjoy the somewhat satirical comments of Azanon and Jake. I didn't feel the intentions were to offend anyone (or company) in particular but were humorously pointing out the exact same thing that came to mind when I investigated the Rocket line- that there was an overwhelming desire by the Rocket followers to convince the auditioning customer that there was something wrong with him-his room-his equipment-his emotions-the phase of the moon etc. For a relative newbie this is quite obvious- (I am qualified to make this statement!) One thing that I have gleaned from all the surfing I have done before I purchased my Ascends is that all speakers have their own signature and I beleive that the Ascend followers, this Forum and the Ascend Company itself has done an excellent job in communicating this. With the accurate opinions conveyed to me thru the various forums I felt that on order day that I knew exactly what my new speakers would sound like. I didn't want or have time for alot of tweaking and/or additional purchases to make "me" happy. That is what won me over to the Ascend line (and am grinning ear to ear as I listen to them at this very moment!) I expected excellent results when I first hooked up the cables- and I definately got it. Plug and Play- no surprises! In closing I think that the folks from Ascend, the Ascend Forum and the Ascend consumers deserve to be able to "puff their chest" now and then for being associated with a product that delivers such incredible perfomance.

Randy