<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Azanon, I also like some bite in my humor, but I’d like to share a feeling that’s developed over a few years of living. To ensure the humor is enjoyed I believe you need to make the friend *first* and then make sure they understand when you are using humor. That being said, we are all still human, and make mistakes in what we say and write. Sometimes things need to be retracted if it becomes clear they were misunderstood.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, now I was mostly defending Jake, Eric. I dont think I really crossed any line, other than perhaps my lashing out at Bob once -and i'd like to think we've since made up. My snickering at what MLS said was just reinterpreting what it sounded like to a lay-folk; a bunch of complex adjusment needed to make RS750s sound right - something i'd never be able to do. I wasnt making fun of him, just the situation, that make sense? Now I'll admit I do share Jake's humor regarding "Rockets" approach (not sure the name of their company, lol) to slashing 50% off their speakers, then jacking it back up. I believe MLS has to be accountable to the consumers for that, so I think that's fair game. I understand others, like BradJudy, are perfectly ok with that. Regardless, if Ascend ever does that, I hope I never find out because I couldn't help but feel like i got ripped off. Speakers arn't like, say, computers where an existing technology will sell for half the price 1 and one half years later because they will have increased that much in performance in that time (Moore's law).

As for retraction, I don't believe in regretting what you say. If regret is really necessary, it should be a major exception to the rule, especially for someone as old as I am (32). My approach is clarification, when its needed. Truth isn't always pleasant, and I don't personally think that someone has to be my enemy simply because I disagree on this point, or that point. I dont make friends well with sensitive people, as I tend to be quite blunt. So if the other feels agreement on all issues is necessitated for friendship, oh well! I dont believe in compromising values to make a "false friend".

Azanon