Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Vick

[quote=muzz;25079]Vick is getting what he deserves- he had a life of luxury, and he chose to kill PETS for the fun of it.... "

The dogs weren't pets. They were breed for killing each other. Dog fighting has been a sub culture for a long, long time in this country and elsewhere. It's been pretty much ignored up till now. MV has brought it out of the closet. We'll see if the publicity has any lasting effect.

"If he was WHITE would you feel the same way?"

Can't see where race enters into it. Animals killing animals for entertainment is practiced by all races.

David

Living in Charleston,SC we had a dog fighting ring busted a few years ago and it was a big deal...just only on a local level. From what I've noticed dog fighting has always been handled on a local level which is why I have never really heard about it on the major networks (national news)...Vick just made it a headliner cause he's Vick...hate'em or love'em he's pretty stupid to even be involved in something like that (he could have gone somewhere where it is legal...gotta be some country I imagine)...

Whether it be Vick or Dale Earnhardt Jr., if you're known on a national level and get busted for a federal crime...your career is going down the drain.