Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for a Receiver !

Default looking for a Receiver !

who makes the best ( bang for the buck ) receiver that works the best with the Sierra's & 170's ? I'm starting to problems with my pioneer elite ? It's only 8 year's old !

No receiver can claim to be the bang for the buck. What features are most important to you? What's your price range? How comfortable are you buying an authorized refurb? Lots more questions to be answered but that should narrow the list.

David

looking for 1000.00 or less I guess it could be a refurb need enough power to drive my sierra's & 170's. I listen to more music than movies

this is a nice deal on a really nice receiver...

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=88195

keep in mind that very few (if any) receivers will truly deliver the "power" they claim... but this should handle your speakers no problem...

Hey does anyone ever had a NAD receiver or knows anything about them ? just looking to get the best sound

yes, nad makes nice entry level audiophile grade equipment... however, if you are going to stick your toe in that pond, you really should consider going with separates...

get your wallet ready though... that pond becomes deep really fast...

I have the NAD T773.....while it's not yet hooked up to any Ascends (soon!).....I have a feeling it will have more than enough power. This is supposed to a receiver that truly delivers the power ratings indicated.

You can get this receiver on ebay right now for no more than $890. That's a great deal. See link

http://cgi.ebay.com/NAD-T773-Receive...QQcmdZViewItem

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tank418 View Post
    who makes the best ( bang for the buck ) receiver that works the best with the Sierra's & 170's ? I'm starting to problems with my pioneer elite ? It's only 8 year's old !
    You may want to look into Emotiva www.emotiva.com. They make some fantastic products for the money. For $899 you could get the Ultra Theatre combo, which is a processor and an amp with 125x 7 watts per channel rated with all channels driven, also comes with HDMI switching. The amp alone is almost 70 pounds. I haven't found a better deal in this price range. Let me know if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post
    this is a nice deal on a really nice receiver...

http://www.onecall.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=88195
    i've had the rx-v2400 (this one's predecessor) for a number of years now and i have been very happy with it. i'm currently considering going with the emotiva combo mentioned above, but only because i have really bad upgraditis and i like the thought of having a separate amp and processor. however, i would completely recommend the yamaha rx-v line if it looks like something you'd be interested in.
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by drewface View Post
    i've had the rx-v2400 (this one's predecessor) for a number of years now and i have been very happy with it. i'm currently considering going with the emotiva combo mentioned above, but only because i have really bad upgraditis and i like the thought of having a separate amp and processor. however, i would completely recommend the yamaha rx-v line if it looks like something you'd be interested in.
    Another great thing about Emotiva is that as technology evolves, we all like to upgrade our electronics, and they offer 40% off for trading in your old gear. Also, with separates, you shouldn't need to upgrade your amp, just the processor due to features, (i.e. HDMI 1.3 ANYONE?), so it will be less expensive to upgrade then a receiver would. Just a thought.