Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sierra's Rule!

Harsub,

I received my UL combo yesterday and spent a few hours with them. Unfortunately, they forgot to send me the HDMI switcher so I was unable to use the OSD for setup (I only have HDMI cables). Although they said I have the latest firmware, I am also experiencing the same distance doubling issue as yourself. I've also found a couple of other bugs with my LMC-1 unit. You can go to their forum and see the post I have regarding the quirks I'm having. Hopefully, Emotiva will be able to address them in a timely manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake1214 View Post
    Harsub,

I received my UL combo yesterday and spent a few hours with them. Unfortunately, they forgot to send me the HDMI switcher so I was unable to use the OSD for setup (I only have HDMI cables). Although they said I have the latest firmware, I am also experiencing the same distance doubling issue as yourself. I've also found a couple of other bugs with my LMC-1 unit. You can go to their forum and see the post I have regarding the quirks I'm having. Hopefully, Emotiva will be able to address them in a timely manner.
    Blake,
    The doubling is just a display bug. The OSD shows the correct distance, while the front panel shows twice the distance. However, if you try to change the distance on the front panel, it reverts back to the distance you put in. Also, I'd be interested in your sub calibration if you use the Emotiva's tones - I have to turn the gain on the sub quite a bit to get it to match the Sierra's output and this results in too much bass. So, I've decided to use AVIA to calibrate the system for audio. The re-directed bass tones from AVIA result in a more matched level between the Sierras and the VTF3.

Since this is a Sierra thread, let me again state for the record that I am thrilled so far with them. Paired with the Emotiva, they sound heavenly - even at high volumes. The only thing I haven't done so far is to run them full range to see how they handle the lower end, but I'm hoping to do that this weekend.

I personally don't use/trust INTERNAL test tones, because of input variances..........
    I always use Avia or the like to set levels, as THAT is my HD DVD player, and is the most critical listening I do (including cds, and movies).

Yup...I agree. So far I'm just doing some basic setup so the whole system sounds ok. It will definitely take some time and fine tuning with the AVIA to make it perform at its potential.

Harsubs,

I can say I do have the same problem with bass. I'm using a SVS pc plus so perforamance should be very similar to your HSU. I have my gain set to half which is way more than what most SVS owners use. When I was using the HK with the Sierras, it sounded a little thin during movies. And when special effects comes in, the bass was way too much. Now, atleast Emos improved the midrange so it's fuller and not as drastic of a change when it sends LFE signals.

Default Avia

Hey guys, what is AVIA ? and where can I buy it ?

AVIA is a DVD created by a company called Ovation Multimedia which is used to calibrate your audio and video setup. You can find more at the following link:

http://www.ovationmultimedia.com/avia.html