Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sierra

Hi Blake,

Be sure not to use the Auto-EQ function. I have found that these never really work right. From what you have described, it sounds like the mids are being recessed... Just for fun, try swapping one of your left/right speakers with the center.

Also, adjusting spl (EZ-set) will not bring back the mids, but the EQ function of the HK can wreak havoc (and often does)

In the receiver configuration, go to EzSet/EQ.. choose EzSet Manual setup. Then choose EzSet EQ OFF... Page 27-29 of your manual... Be sure to report back...

Also, what surround sound mode are you using? As we have been discussing, something is definitely not quite right
    Good Sound To You!

David Fabrikant
    www.ascendacoustics.com

Hi Guys,

Thx for all the input and recommendations you guys have been putting in. To avoid having this single issue regarding my center channel posted on multiple threads, I will go ahead and play with the settings some more and wait on the Emotivas. I will defenitely report back once it's resolved. I would hate for people reading different threads and see the same issue posted and think there's something wrong with the Sierras and get the impression they are "unclear" speakers.

OK guys...an update for everyone that has been trying to help me regarding the center channel not being very clear during movies. After hooking up my Emotivas yesterday, the dialogue issue is now gone. I can't say it was the HK's fault as I'm sure it's something in the settings I didn't get right. And I'm sure there're others using the same receiver without problem.

Curtis, I now know why you were puzzled regarding my comment that the Sierras were "warm." I can say now when paired with the Emos that they are NOT. To be honest, I'm not sure which one I prefer. The music sounded a little more satisfying with the HK but movie sounds better with the Emos. Not sure if it's my head playing games but there's a sweetness to music reproduction when using the HK. With the Emos, it is more dry, but yet, truthful. I can definitely tell there's more in the midbass area when using the seperates. It's kind of like being asked by Morpheus in either choosing the red or the blue pill. I know the Emos gives the truth, but the HK sounds sweeter to my ears.

Overall, I must say the UL performs better for HT and music than the HK.

Not unexpected by me.....

So I'm not crazy???

Default Re: sierra

Sierras really can not say any negative things. But if you want something more advanced audio delivery, the Sierras may not be for you. And the problem will be more of a choice did not accept any credit away from the Sierras.