Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ascend Acoustics Gap

Default Ascend Acoustics Gap

With the CMT-340s selling at $568.00pr, and the Sierra-1 going for $798.00pr, my personal desire would be to see the next Ascend loudspeaker to be priced somewhere between these two. As I understand what has been said by Dave is after this initial Sierra production run the selling price of the Sierras may have to
    go up. If this were to happen the the gap between these two speakers would be just short of $300.00.

I would love to see at least 1 and if possible 2 additional new loudspeakers offered before the $1,000 barrier is broken.

This is just my opinion and am not in any hurry at all.

If I may add to not short the 170SEs this price gap could possibly be filled by improvements to the 170s and 340s.

These are just some thoughts I'm having today.

i personally think the gap in prices is fine and not doing any harm... the gap i'd like to see filled is that huge emptiness on the subwoofer page
    CMT-340SE2 Mains & Center, CBM-170SE Surrounds, Rythmik F15, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5

Quote Originally Posted by drewface View Post
    the gap i'd like to see filled is that huge emptiness on the subwoofer page
    AMEN!

David

I second that !

A floorstanding speaker based on the 340SE would fit nicely in that price bracket. I've grown fond of bookshelves, but there are many out there that prefer the looks and lower extension of the big cabinets.

IMO, when you get into larger speakers, the shipping costs really bite into the ID value model.
    -curtis

What would be fun to me would be to see, a front ported, high efficiency, high power, bamboo mini satalite loudspeaker.

I feel quite certain now that a subwoofer is on the way, and may very well be Daves next offering.

Really at this point I'm open to just about anything.

IMO, when you get into larger speakers, the shipping costs really bite into the ID value model.
    Sure Curtis...take the wind out of my sails.

Actually that's a very good point. Ascend has done a good job of keeping shipping costs relatively low.

What would be fun to me would be to see, a front ported, high efficiency, high power, bamboo mini satalite loudspeaker.
    Hmmm...a Sierra-ized HTM-200 could be an interesting little speaker.

I'd have to say I don't see the price gap as a glaring one. I think something bigger in the Sierra line, and a sub, would be two killer next moves.

Now, updates to the other three models (200, 170, 340) with bamboo cabinets, or just the option of the cabinet upgrade (if the measurements and ears back up the benefit for the cost on those models) could be interesting as well. That said, my selfish self would say that keeping the bamboo a higher end option (Sierra only) has a draw to it as well for branding purposes...but that's the latent materialist in me speaking...
    Jon O.