Thread: size of room ?

Default size of room ?

are the Sierra-1 made for smaller rooms

Smaller?
    What do you mean by "Smaller"?
    The Sierra will be fine in all but the largest of rooms, at which point you may want to use the 340SE.

I have the 340's now I went from having a very large room in a house , but now I live in a smaller townhome with a family room that's kinda small I think the 340's are way too large for my setting plus I really like the Sierra's small size !

Hi tank418, I live in an apartment with a small living room my listening area is quite small only w 6' by L 10.5', my overall size is w 11' by L 16', not counting window bay area. I use a pair of 170SEs on 30" stands, also use a subwoofer4.5' back and between the speakers. As you can imagine SPL can reach near unbearable levels. Even with this set-up I have considered doubling up on the 170s (stacked 170s), and doubling my amps output(not usually recommended).

This is overkill no doubt,but there are those times when I want that big loud SPLs if only for a short time given understanding neighbors.

So are your 340SEs too large(soundwise) for your room. Depends on your total listening habits. For me they would not be too much.

The Sierras may be a little smaller in size, but there sound is very large and wide.

If you are considering purchasing the Sierras. I would encourage you to do so for reason other than size. The Sierras offer superior build and SQ.